Did you cancel your Adobe Sub., or keep it?

I have to agree. For the price (unless/until they raise it) the Adobe Photographer plan is worth it to me. I looked at alternatives and considered cancelling, but I still prefer Lightroom for its catalog and ease/speed of editing (I’ve used it for 15 years), and I need Photoshop - I have Affinity Photo but it is useless to me because it crashes constantly on my computer. PhotoLab is great for what it does, but it doesn’t do everything I need.

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the pointer to SNS-HDR. It looks great. I’ve been using EasyHDR (fast, very flexible etc) but the result are also a bit crude sometimes. SNS looks like it might manage to deliver higher quality tonal adjustment.

That said, since moving back to FF from M4/3 I find I’m using HDR less. One exposure (done right) is almost always better if you can dig the data out of the sensor. With smaller sensors (& teensy-tiny pixel dimensions) its easy to ask too much (OTOH the iPhone & PIXEL do a superb job).

Interesting (is it?) that both these HDR programs seem to have a Polish author behind them!

Peter

SNS does a great job on toning a single raw file too.

I started to go to Olympus M4/3 last year but exited after a few months (going back to 100% Canon) for a variety of reasons. One issue I had was that when I used SNS to process HDR on Olympus images from a shoot that was important to me, there was significant uncorrected lens distortion in the RAW file (from an Olympus Pro zoom) that made the HDR unusable.

I tried processing the images so that PL4 would apply the lens profile and outputted them as TIFF. However, SNS rejected the files. I think it said they were the different sizes. This is not just an Olympus problem. Some of the Canon RF lenses also have a lot of distortion that is cleaned up in post. However, I find EF lenses do not have that problem. So if you are using old tech, there should be no problem!

@bartovis Do you find crashes with Affinity Photo V1.10?

Ian, so far so good with V1.10, although I’ve only had it one day and have not tried everything yet. I think the crashing with Affinity Photo might have been an issue with the Nvidia driver (which has since been updated), although I had not problems with any other software. In the past I have reported problems to Affinity support but they have a habit of blaming other software for their malfunctions. Once they attributed by problem to a bug in Capture One (which I also have) causing Affinity Photo to crash in the Nvidia card. Anyway, 1.10 looks good at this point…