Designate target folder in 'Export to Application'

In Export to Photoshop, the advanced section lets me pick a color space - but not a folder. I’d like to be able to designate a folder, please.

That’s right, and that’s probably the reason why I don’t export to application, but to disk. When exporting to disk, I like the 16-bit tiff file to end up in the same folder as the original RAW file. Perhaps the same choice should be added to the Export to application menu option.

I usually export to a subfolder of the one the RAW is in (e.g. “.\TIFF.dxo”, “.\JPEG-web.dxo”, “.\TIFF-ps.dxo”). The last one is for PS, TIFs are in ProPhoto.

I’d just like “Export to Application” for PS to export to “.\TIFF-ps.dxo”. Somebody else will certainly want some other folder or some other application. Hence the request for customizability.

Now that I’m thinking of it, from a folder organization standpoint, it probably makes sense for me to keep the raw format files in a /photos.year/yyymmdd [occasion]/raw folder, which would make the relative folders siblings not children, so …\foldername
Trivial, but I can get a bit OCD about folder organization…

No! :slightly_smiling_face: Surely this isn’t a trivial point! :slightly_smiling_face: I think many of us would admit to being ‘a little bit OCD’ about our folder structures.

Flexibility of choice is always better for us Users than having to cope with (what seems to be, in this ‘Exporting’ context) a curiously limited set of Destination options.

Let’s hope that our choices here will improve in future PhotoLab versions.
Colin P.

You are on point. We all have preferred ways for accomplishing tasks and the option to customize features of the program are always beneficial. As @LesC indicated, I also use Export to disk because I could not otherwise specify the destination folder.

1 Like

I am reviving this thread because of my post here.