Delays in adding modules for new cameras and lenses

I am considering an SL2 or SL2s as well and real DxO support would be important for me. But I see that even in version 5 there seems to be no support for these (I looked at the list of supported cameras). Any timeline ?

DXO do you still plan on adding support for the Sigma 24mm f3.5 lens on Sony alpha cameras?

I have texted v5, and unfortunately they are still not supported. Won’t even open and render the files

One thing you could try is modify the exif and put some supported camera name, but that is of course not very practical.
I really wish DxO would do something about this.

In fact, I would be happy to have even only a user activated, “you are on your own” mode which processes unsupported camera files by doing the process as normal but without any of the camera specific things (including the optics module). This must be possible since I could run through PL4 an example SL2s file after patching its name into SL.

That’s exactly my sentiment Xavier, at least fall back to a generic mode that allows using the tools, but the program is unusable when a camera is not supported. Even this would be acceptable though if camera support was added in a reasonable time.

1 Like

Almost a year after my initial post and still no support for the Leica SL2. I will NOT purchase an upgrade to a product that does not natively support my camera and lenses. Any manual workaround is not acceptable. No reply’s from any of my inquires either.

2 Likes

The lack of communication in this matter by DXO is concerning.

Hello,

we try to answer in all the many topics about cameras and lenses requests.

Thing is we depend on loans of cameras and lenses from manufacturer plus releases are not only centered to cameras and lenses support so yes there can be delays in support but we are working on reducing it and that’s a big topic as it involves many thing in our work.

Regards,
Marie

3 Likes