Delays in adding modules for new cameras and lenses

Adobe makes so much money that they can afford paying someone to flying back and forth there food and lodge included to write the script for every new lens and camera coming out, DxO doesn’t.
but I agree that even if no lens/camera profile are ready for PL, there should be the possibility to use the software and make your own adjustment, or adjust as best as you can.

I have made backup files from older cameras because I am concerned with the continued viability of PhotoLab and DXO’s support. Again, as a professional I have to have tools I can depend on.

I only posted to this forum after months of receiving no response from DXO. Adobe continues to respond in a timely manner to inquiries. Am I mistaken, or is PhotoLab only a tool for hobbies?

BTW, I refuse to use Capture One as they do not support Hasselblad products.

Yeah, but I can’t afford to be without my work tools for six to nine months. :blush::blush::blush:

It probably is less then a month except if you are too far away.

Hello guys,

I can’t help you with the camera support requests and dates. Let’s ask @Marie to help.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello,

Support of Hasselblad X1D Mark II and Leica SL / SL2 are planned but we need a loan from makers and that can be a long with small companies like them.
If I could I would give you a date but for now it’s not possible.

Regards,
Marie

Any word on the Olympus TG6 and the Olympus OMD – EM1 Mark III? Thanks

Hello @JoanKauai,

Support of Olympus E-M1 Mark III will be in next release, planned in about 2 weeks for now.
Support of TG-6 will come in the one after.

Regards,
Marie

Marie,
How long would you need a loan of a Leica SL2, Q2 or CL?
If the time is short, perhaps some of the members of the forum may interested in helping to move the ball forward.

I would be among those willing to help.

Regards,
Subhash

Thank you so much for the news, this is wonderful! Best wishes, Joan

Hello @scroy,

Support of Leica Q2 will be added in about 2 weeks.
When w borrow a camera from a user we usually keep it 2 weeks but we prefer to really use that way only when I can’t do otherwise, so we are still in discussion with Leica.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Can I just add my request for Fujifilm cameras to be added. The X-T3 has been out for over a year now the X-T4 is just about to be released. The support for Fuji is abysmal with only 11 cameras on the list and most of those are old models.

Hi John Welcome on this forum

… even though we cannnot help you :frowning:
Pascal

…for now, anyway. It’s anticipated that support will be added eventually: Fuji X Trans

Hi @John92

As @pieloe just mentionned, sending you the link to some good reads and explanations, we’re still not supporting X-Trans sensors,
We love Fuji, and X-Trans models are indeed awesome cameras, but yet, they require some specific development that lead to a huge workload on our side, as our software and algorythms architecture were solely based on Bayer sensors.

So it has been a complete no-go since this Fuji technology appeared, but, over the last year and with our recent work and development, it surprisingly became something that could be in our reach.

Not to say this will be done over night, but at least now, we can surely expect to have a version of PhotoLab, in the incoming years, that will handle X-trans cameras… :slight_smile:

And this to me, is a good news, (even if it won’t be tomorrow!) :smiley:

Best regards,
CaptainPO

3 Likes

Hello, Marie,

I own a Leica SL2 camera. I also own all three of the Leica SL zoom lenses for that camera: 16-35/3.5-4.5; 24-90/2.8-4; and 90-280/2.8-4, as well as more than a dozen 6-bit-coded Leica M-mount lenses (and the requisite Leica “M-Adapter L” which allows Leica M-mount lenses to be mounted on the SL/SL2 camera).

I am willing to lend a hand and discuss loaning my camera and lenses to DXO so that you may create profiles for each item, and in so doing, better serve your many software users who are desperately pleading (or just patiently waiting) for Leica camera and lens support.

If DXO is serious about developing support for the latest Leica cameras and lenses in a timely fashion, I can personally provide you (DXO) with my Leica SL2 camera and each of the 15+ Leica SL and M lenses that I listed above, without delay. Everything can be on its way to you tomorrow. Call or email me if you’d like to move forward. I’m sure MANY of your current software users (as well as MANY prospective users like myself) would be extremely appreciative if you did…

Kindly awaiting your reply,

Tinbird

3 Likes

Hello @Tinbird,

thanks a lot for your proposition. We occasionally use loans from users to add some cameras or lens support. I’ve sent you a private message about it.
Please remind we are in France and like a lot of countries we are in confinement and so for the moment such loans aren’t possible as we won’t be able to do the shots. We will have to wait at least for a month but we can discuss it in messages.

Regards,
Marie

1 Like

Hi Marie, Any update on when support for the Olympus TG6 will appear? Thanks, Joan

Hello @JoanKauai ,

Support of TG-6 will be released in June.
https://www.dxo.com/dxo-photolab/supported-cameras/ has been updated a few weeks ago with cameras we will release at that time.

Regards,
Marie

Thanks so much. That is exciting! Sincerely, Joan