DeepPRIME fails to process 75% of the time

I am also encountering this issue. I have a NVIDIA 3070. Sometimes I’ll get a windows notification message saying that

Application PureRawv1_save has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.

No clue what causes that.

As you can see by the number of people having this problem and the amount of time DxO has been aware of the problem and the lack of response or even acknowledgement of it’s existence, does not bode well for it being addressed and solved. So we all paid for a product that doesn’t perform as advertised. Hmmmmm.

Have you tested with Lightroom closed? What was the result?

Also, could someone with this issue turn off GPU processing in Lightroom (preferences) and have the GPU working on PureRaw and test the outcome. It would be interesting to see the results.

1 Like

Can’t agree. There’s nothing in the DxO announcement which says that one can run DeepPrime simultaneously with other software which demands control of the GPU for processing. This looks like an Adobe issue (Lightroom should release the GPU when in background and not processing). Good luck getting Adobe to solve an issue which negatively affects their competitors!

Update on DxO PureRaw and DeepPrime problem. I have processed a couple of dozen recent shots using DeepPrime and Lightroom Classic. All have been successful and without incident. Nothing has changed in this workflow, so I am not sure why the problem has ceased. Must say that the resulting files are incredibly clean. I am very happy the problem has disappeared on it’s own.

So maybe the problem you had was not an issue that DXO was ignoring and should have fixed. If this problem does not reoccur it might be appropriate to acknowledged that. Even If it does re-occur, it is likely the fault rests elsewhere…

Mark.

A vacuum of information is all we, those of us having problems, have received from our discourse on this issue. Conclusions based upon this vacuum were from first hand experience dealing with DxO. Their lack of response has not altered the facts. We have had a problem and have tried to diagnose it as best as we can. The fact that my recent experience has been positive does not refute our earlier problems with DxO PureRaw.