DCP and ICC paths in the dop files, bug or just a suggestion

It would be better to have the option. I rember at one time you could inbed fonts into MS Word document’s as to do it by defect would create much larger file’s.

that might lead to legal troubles - not all files you can grab and move elsewhere ( like to a different computer )

DxO PL6 will open the file in “Customize” - just w/o rendering the image on screen and with the message instead of renedered image saying “The DCP file cannot be read: it does not exist or might be corrupted” - the only thing that a user need to do at the moment is go to “Color Rendering” tool and select some existing camera profile and then DxO PL6 will render the image on screen, because the missing piece to complete the rendering now will be in place

You are right, its so long since it was first introduced I forgot what it now shows is more than just a blank image space and error. It would be better if it just opened in the default camera body or something but yes its much better, Pity it wasn’t done when the original feature were introduced and we that we were told they had largely sorted it in the last year or so! Thanks for working it out and letting us know.

Thinking about it yes I could see problems, maybe that’s why word dropped imbedding? But I cant recall how they did it, maybe in a way they couldn’t be used out side that document. My wife points out in Office 2010 at least you can still imbed fonts in options.