Database Maintenance

I’m not sure they smile.
I think they are very strong at testing gear and creating profiles and allowing to get the best from sensors.
This is what they master and till now (!) they were the best to do this.

For the rest, it looks like they live on what they have, and they have trouble to go any further (every minor step seems very long and difficult to do).- exept new color space which is not a minor step but really changes the game.
But testing all those gears is probably very time/people consuming …

I was already suspecting so :grin: Question is, how much Windows users they can afford to disappoint to offer a one-OS-only keywording solution? an dit’s not only DxO, all the other suspects face the same problem which makes developing a catalog system (within macOS spotlight contains your keyword catalog, I assume) either attractive and at the same time the big rabbit hole. I’m still convinced if I need to apps to develop and manage my RAWs, information will get lost sometimes. Not talking about your app but all these additional so called DAMs…

DPL finds things, not files. Things being e.g. references to files that might be long gone…because DPL does not check its inventory against reality, really.

This is really something I don’t understand.
Every cross platform software I use is absolutly identical on every platform (generally windows, MacOS and linux). And with functionnalities and structure far more complex than photolab.
What does this mean ? Are photolab developpers using some easy shortcuts OS provided, are they using wrong development platform for creating cross platform softwares ?
Or what ?
I would really like to get a response from someone skilled.
@Joanna maybe ?

1 Like