Customising Palletes in Windows

Hi, I’ve just purchaised the PhotoLab4 bundle with Fillm Pack and View Point. I’m on Windows and trying to follow along a tutorial, but they all appear to use Macs which i believe employs a different user interface. I wanted to know how to add tools to my palette, for examle adding “Colour Rendering” to my Film Pack Palette. On the Mac there’s a drop down menu. How do I accomplish this on Windows?

Many Thanks!

There is a very good online help file within DPL - I highly recommend to read that. In addition have a look here too: http://dxo.tuto.free.fr/

2 Likes

You cannot modify any of the existing palettes supplied by DXO. However, you can create and customize user palettes by dragging tools into them . For instance, if you want a customized version of the Light palette, create a new user palette and name it something like My Light. Then drag into it all the tools from other palettes you want ,and in the order you want…When you are finished creating all you custom palettes, deselect any of the previous palettes you no longer need in the palettes menu. If you desire you can replace all the palettes with customized ones

Mark .

1 Like

Welcome, Saff - - In PhotoLab parlance, you’re referring to workspace customisation … and you may find this to be useful.

John M

1 Like

and this:

as well as this

2 Likes

I very much appreciate everyone’s welcome, and all your help. I’m going through all your suggestions to get up to speed, I’ve not edited since Lightroom and Photoshop a decade ago, so lots to catch up on and learn. My thanks again!

1 Like