Crop in DeepPRIME to TIFF export

How does one export a cropped DeepPRIME “image” (as seen within PL4Elite during workflow) to a TIFF, either to an external application or to a disk file? That is, if one does a DeepPRIME pass and then crops to, say, a flower and ignores the background and the rest of the plant, how to export just the cropped DeepPRIME adjusted image to a “full pixel resolution” TIFF of just the cropped image as seen in PL4 on the screen? If this is explained in the PL4 manual, I apologize for my ignorance in not finding it.

Regardless of whether or not Deep Prime is used, simply crop the photo as you wish, then export as a TIFF with longest side set to the pixel dimensions that you wish the longest side of your finished file to be.

2 Likes

Thank you for that clarification. As I am exporting to an application that nominally increases the pixel count (“resolution”), an application that requires denoising and sharpening, etc, be done first, when I use the pointer to hover over the cropped image, I believe that PL4 shows the pixel count dimensions of the crop. So as not to have PL4 “adding pixels”, I presume that these displayed crop values are what I should use. By exporting in a TIFF (or DNG), my understanding is that I am exporting the maximum “information” available in a demosaiced image file (unlike a JPEG) for the pixel interpolation application (“resolution increase”). May I respectfully request if the information you provided is documented in the current PL4 manual (to assist me in finding other topics rather than bothering someone on these fora)?

Here is a link to Exporting files from the the Online Help. I not sure whether or not it will provide the answers you are looking for.

https://help-photolab4.dxo.com/en/export-to-disk

Another option is to export your unprocessed raw file using the Export to DNG( Denoise and Optical Corrections Only) This export only supports the following settings::

• DXO Denoising including DeepPRIME
  • Chromatic Aberration
  • Lens Distortion
  • Lens Sharpness
  • Vignetting
  • Volume Deformation

Only those settings will be built into the resulting DNG file and you can then apply any additional edits to it before your final export. One of the reasons for this Export option is that further exporting is faster because DeepPRIME has already been integrated into it. It is useful for batch exporting of a number of files at one time with DeepPRIME which speeds up subsequent exporting from this interim DNG file to a TIFF or JPEG once all the additional editing is complete. Achieving what you want may be less confusing if you have taken DeepPRIME out of the equation using this approach.

Mark

1 Like

The information was most useful and I shall attempt some further experiments. Fortunately, I do understand literary French (but my engineering, etc., vocabulary in French is limited), as I found the question below on the web site you linked:

Ces informations ont-elles été utiles?

Although DxO is in France, the web page to which you referred me was the English version. One may want to proof read a bit to be consistent with the target language, assuming that the original was composed in proper written French, hopefully translated by bilingual photography, etc, professionals. (As an aside, the real problem for me comes from items made in the PRC and the documentation displays PRC ideograms – I am no better with ROC ideograms – automaton translation to English often yields nonsensical results.)