Create option folders not being saved to

Hello,
te last picture shows C.\users\john\desktop\test but in the “please select folder” picture abow it seems like
C.\users\john\desktop\test\test what you have described as “I renamed the New Folder to “Test” (so I have a new Test folder in the existing Test folder).”

If i made another test starting with

and made the same procedure you described after writing the new Test folder I press OK
and got this
pressing OK the second time I got

Maybe you can give it a next try :wink:

Thanks will give it a go.

Well, thaqt was intresting, I didn’t get your last stage and it created just the one folder in the main Test folder, but came up to save to New Folder not the Test one it created

Did it a second time after removing the created Test folder, and it did it right ending with saving to the created Test folder

Watching the test folder as I do this its becoming clearer what’s going on. I have done this a number of times and I have never had the second select folder option. PL creates a New Folder, then when you rename it the New Folder is renamed to whatever you use. But each time when used the first time the New Folder is left as the save path, redo it and the renamed folder is in the save path. But if you save with the New Folder in the path PL creates a New Folder and saves to that
So you end up with 2 folders, the named one empty and the saved photos in a New Folder.

The only way I get the option to confirm Test as the selected folder is to go back into Browse For Folder and select the created folder. Most times PL is leaving New Folder as the one to save to and when saving creates a New Folder to save into

Maybe but that isn’t what we talked about…you are jumping like a little grasshopper :joy:

The new Folder is a suggestion from your windows system, and if you don’t overwrite it you will get it as destination.

But if it works now I’m happy :+1:

a side note – missing option to duplicate a set

PL is missing an option to duplicate from a chosen set – keeping all settings,
instead of adding a new entry only with standard settings.

Screen Shot 07-22-21 at 12.43 PM
the ‘Add new option’ button adds a standard entry

A duplicate option (also) allows for quick & easy changes, to add a new folder for storage etc.,
while keeping the rest of the settings (saves to register again / not to forget).

Support in the end appeared to accept there was a problem, but never heard back from them after that. PL5 still has problem. Some times when a folder is created the program saves to that folder, other times it ignores the created folder and saves to a “New folder” it creates. Somr times when a folder is created the program saves to that folder, other times it ignores the created folder and saves to a New folder it creats.

The problem, go to Export to disk, Make New Folder
creat new folder

Rename it

Garden folder created

The path doesn’t go to the creted folder but New folder

after OK Garden not shown in save to

If you don’t spot it and change it to the created folder PL5 saves to a created New folder so both folders are there

two folders, created Garden and New folder created by PL5

This happens at random and I have been told by others they too have it happen. Its an anoying problem that has been there for years.

Its pressent on two laptops and a Tower PC

Hello John,

I’ve created a report and it will be investigated if the problem is on OS side or PL.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Thanks, it disappeared into a black hole before! The hole is according to support is that
“Thank you for checking back with us. We have been informed that the development team is still investigating the issue you are having. As soon as we hear something back from them, we will let you know.”

1 Like

John

We agree that you are not interested in creating a sub-folder in live with .\subfoder shortcut !

Pascal

I craeat a new folder as PL allows for each set of processing.

Any news on this as still have much of the time the save to not pointing to the created folder.

Good morning,

No news on that.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Since 5.1.2 this has become MUCH worse. Nearly every time a new folder is created, Make New Folder, then OK’d, it just adds New Folder to the save path. When you click on the save path it goes to the root (in my case Desktop). Oddly though NewFolder is shown in the save to path when you actually open the folder in which the save to folders are there is no NewFolder. Which is probably why it goes back to the desktop not the test folder on the desktop!

Deleting my post … I misunderstood John7’s issue.

John M

When you create

• the “New Folder”
  • rename it straight away within the process, e.g. to “Garden”
  • and confirm with OK !!

then after restart, PL will remember your last Custom folder, e.g. “Garden” in this case .

Hope, that helps.

That’s what I have been doing and its never always worked. With V5.1.2 its changed and when it doesn’t open in the created folder (most of the time it’s not now) it has a “New Folder”, shown in the Path to save too. Then I used to be able when seeing that go back to Browse For Folder and move to the folder I created. After saving you would find a empty New Folder created by PL and delete it. But with 5.1.2 its not creating the New Folder so when you Browse For Folder you don’t go back to the root (my “Test” folder) but the next one up, Desk Top”. There is no New Folder being created now which is making even more work getting back to the created folder. I remember this as a problem going back to PL1.

Its doing this on my desktop, laptop and my wifes PC using PL2.

John, I’m on the latest (Windows) PL 5.1.2.4700

and can determine the target (Custom) folder

Thanks, that works and I will try uing it. But this is a workround for the creat new folder option not working properly. DXO need to get options that are given working as they should, as these are the options most users will use rather than workrounds to over come there short commings.

Well, the first option is the very same like with Windows’ explorer, where you have the chance to rename the standard entry “New folder” straight away – so nothing special.

grafik

With PL, just don’t rename it ‘outside’ of PL.

The PL option using Browse For Folder allows you to create a new folder, rename it from New Folder then clicking OK creates it. The problem was it at times created both a New Folder and the renamed new folder. It than add either to the save to Path. If saving to New Folder the one renamed will be created as well and you could move the save Path to the renamed folder away from unwanted New Folder. This unwanted New Folder afterword’s has to be deleted.
With 5.1.2 its appears PL is not creating the New Folder even though it shown on the save Path. So if you go in to move the save path your renamed folder you end up out of, in my case Test folder, and back at the Desktop one and have to go back into the Test folder to go to the folder to save to. Its basically PL file management doesn’t interact correctly with Windows and this goes way back They sorted, after for a long time denying there was a problem, of dop’s not all being deleted when a images was deleted in PL. That side to miss handling was sorted only when Svetlana took it up and it was finally admitted there was problem (bug/s)by support. I suspect this folder creation/saving problem is tied into the same problems that related to the dops not being removed properly.
See

and