Corrections for Nikon Body & Canon lens

Hi,
I’m using my Nikon Z6 together with a few Canon lenses adapted with the fringer ef-nz adapter. Photolab doesnt recognize this combination and i cannot find a way to request it either?
Is three any way to activate this combination?

Since this is a very unusual combination, I very much doubt if DxO would be able to get hold of all the necessary hardware to conduct the necessary tests, especially for the relatively few people who would want it. But you could always put in a feature request and see if anyone else votes for it.

1 Like

I´m not sure it is that an unusual usecase, adapters are performing really well for general photography. I dont think there is any additional hardware needed, the only added parameter is that the combination is of two different OEM manufactured Body and Lens and not OEM body and third party lens.
The Body are available and the lenses are available, its just the combination of them that is not possible atm.

Good morning @MatsLe and welcome to the Forum!

Let me ask @Marie to have a look at your request and reply.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

It will become an endless pool of possible body/lens scenarios. And for sure the next question will be “why stop on Canon lenses?”, why not also Leica glass and Mamiya big size lenses, not to mention the amount of T/S lenses or Laowa’s “100% EXIF-free” inventions? And on one moment DxO needs to rent or buy a guarded warehouse to store all their inventory, together with all possible adapters. I pity the person who has to do these lens tests, there’s not much more boring work to do.

Also, try to find your combinations in any other RAW-converter. Don’t you think there’s a reason why exotic combinations are no big need? Ok, Nikon still suffers of “not enough decent mirrorless glass” for their bodies, but well, you knew that before you bought a Z 6? I thought they’d come up quicker and with a bigger variety, but ball they can is more 50 mm and other double, triple, quadruple variations of the same FL range or doing a 100-400 which costs more than the costly 70-200/2.8 and converter. So, I didn’t want to have a rather good body and wait another half decade until they come out with glass varieties I’d like and the question remains would I buy more of their rather high-priced stuff? To me the Z was worth a try, but not all experiments succeed.

Thanks Svetlana for checking the possibility, much apprechiated🙂
@JoJu , i dont think any new profiling of lenses or bodies are needed, just enable the combinatios.

1 Like

Hello @MatsLe ,

I think it’s the first time we get this request but we’ll have a look as this ring adaptor seems to have the electronic contacts that allows to get all necessary Exif information we need.

Marie

2 Likes

Hi @Marie,

I have a similar question, as I am using the Nikon F to Fujifilm FX Finger adapter (Fringer NF-FX) with the following combo and full electronic connections:

Fujifilm X-H2
Nikon 500mm f5.6 PF
Nikon 300mm f4 PF
Fringer NF-FX smart adapter

One option may be to allow manual selection of specific lenses for the lens corrections, as there is no difference in the lens characteristics with or without the adapter. The only differences will be the lens characteristics on APS-C vs FF.

If DXO could provide this, it would definitely be useful for me.

Hello, for now we don’t support Nikon lenses on Fuji cameras.
We will think about it but only if the adapter transmit Exif information (for example if we don’t have the focal length it’s a no go as we won’t be able to apply automatic correction).

Hi Cecile,

The Fringer adapters do transmit EXIF data.

By the way, do you know the expected date for X-H2 support?

Thanks,

The support of the Fuji X-H2 is planned for next week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I am looking forward to using it. DXO photolab has been my preffered software for my Canon R5 and older cameras, and I thinkbit will likely be my favorite for the Fujifilm X-H2 too.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Cecile,

Do you know what day DXO will provide support for the X-H2 this week?

Thanks,

Well, the current time in Paris is almost 7PM. If it is this week I would guess Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, assuming it doesn’t slip a bit which is often the case. Isn’t a three day window sufficient?

Mark

Note: “…is planned for…”
Plans can change!

1 Like

Definitely. Just asking. There is nothing wrong with asking…

1 Like

Absolutely nothing wrong with asking. Most folks just don’t ask for a specific day.

Mark

1 Like

And they do quite often.

Mark

I use several Canon lenses via Fringer adapter on my Nikon Z6. I would also appreciate if DxO would make it possible to apply optical corrections in Photolab. I like the Z6 as much as I do like the Canon glas but I am disappointed that dxo can correct my EF-mount Tokina 24-70 2.8 (because DxO thinks it’s a Nikon mont lens) but not the Canon lenses.

Christian

That is probably not going to happen in the foreseeable future because each lens/camera combination is tested individually. It is highly unlikely that DxO will ever support lenses with proprietary mounts from one manufacturer on bodies with a different mount from other manufacturers via adapters. There are just too many possible combinations to test.

Mark

1 Like