Correct perspective with panorama

Is it possible for Viewpoint to correct curved lines in a panorama. This is a perspective issue that is difficult for my third-party software to fix.

What kind of panorama are you dealing with? Panoramas taken with a sweep of a smartphone or a panorama that was stitched from several separate shots?

identical post so take a look here perspective panorama - DxO ViewPoint / DxO ViewPoint Windows - DxO Forums
or the owner can merge them

@sgospodarenko, please merge the two posts and close this one. Thank you.

1 Like

I took about 5 different pictures with my Canon EOS RP (full frame)

Dear @pierrehurtubise / Pierre

if you have 5 pictures you must have had a panorama software, or have used Affinity Photo to merge the photos. And why you have curved lines?
And if you have curved lines I don’t think that ViewPoint can resolve this problem.
But we can wait what all the cracks here have to say

If you stitch a panorama from several shots and you don’t want to have converging lines, you need to correct perspective on each shot before stitching. Whether this makes sense or not, depends on what you shot and how: focal length, exposure, nodal point etc.

Illustration:

left: stitched from a series of unaltered shots
right: stitched from a series of shots that have been perspective corrected before stitching

While it is technically possible as shown above, a few things have to be observed.

1. technical limitations of what can be perspective corrected
  2. distortions (stretching) of images towards the sides
  3. different vertical extension of what can be shown in the panorama

Perspective distortions are a fact of life. Correcting, although possible, is not necessarily beneficial in all cases. In order to get the above shot as perfectly as possible, I should have moved the camera instead of rotating it around a central axis. Rails could have helped to maintain distance.

Note that this proof of concept was completely done in Lightroom. I was too lazy to use ViewPoint.

1 Like

Pourquoi tu n’as pas répondu ici, comme tu l’as fait dans le groupe ici ?

Tu peux toujours écrire ici en français ou utiliser Deepl.

Mais je vois que t’as déjà eu de bonnes réponses là.

Mes lectures et visionnements sur YouTube indiquent que je suis mieux d’éviter les premiers plans lors de la prise de vue et déplacer la caméra en tenant compte du point nodal. Merci pour vos réponses