Correct module is applied to some photos by not all - Nikon Z50, FTZ Adapter, Sigma 100-400, Sigma TC 1401

I took a number of photos using the combination of the Nikon Z50, FTZ Adapter, Sigma 100 - 400 and the Sigma teleconverter 1401. I am using DxO Photolab 3.2.1.51. I downloaded the profile and Photolab applied it. Some of my images have the alert icon which informs me that “No DxO optics module is available for this image”. In the Exif Editor, the lens is shown as a 140-560mm f/7-8.8. For the images that do have the module applied, the Exif Editor shows the lens is shown as a Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM C with AF-S TC-1401.

Is there any way to apply a lens profile manually to a photo? Is this a Nikon/Sigma issue or a DxO issue?

Thank you for your help.
agcphoto
Saskatoon, Canada

Hello Greorge (@agcphoto),

Welcome to DxO forum :slight_smile:

Can you upload an image with that issue ?

We declared the Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM C with AF-S TC-1401 as a 140-560mm F7-8.8 which means the Optic module will accept imags with focal between 140mm and 560mm and that FNumber max must be superior or equal to F7 at 140mm and F8.8 at 560mm. Maybe current focal length or FNumber of some of your images don’t match that. With extenders there can be some things to adapt. So with your image(s) we can have a look to it.

Regards,
Marie

Hello Marie,
Thank you for your reply. I checked my images and looked at the f-stop for images that DxO recognized, and the f-stop for images that were not. Your suggestion about the problem was correct. All of the images which were not recognized exceeded the f8.8 limit. They were all taken at f9 in this case. Is there somewhere I can find that information for my lens/teleconverter combinations? Does the same principle appley when using Nikkor lenses with Nikkor teleconverters?

Thank you for your help.

Hello George (@agcphoto)

You got me wrong, if your photos have been taken at F9 then it’s fine. Problem would be if Exif information showed FNumber inferior to F7 for images at 140mm and infoerior to F8.8 for images taken at 560mm.

Regards,
Marie

Sorry for the late response on this Marie. I believe the problem may have had more to do with the connection of my lens and FTZ adapter to the camera. Sometimes there was a good connection and sometimes not. I am being more careful to make sure this inconsistency does not occur.

Hello @agcphoto,

yes, that can happen to anyone.
Thanks for updte.

Regards,
Marie