Control point: unshow mask

Once a control point is established, it is very nice to see the selection mask (‘M’ key) but there doesn’t seem to be a reliable way to un-show that mask, other than leaving adjustment mode altogether.
Several times now, PL has crashed while I’m trying to show/unshow. Sometimes the mask disappears in a few seconds once I’ve moved the cursor off the canvas, but more often, it’s just stuck in show-mask until I exit adjustment mode (either by clicking the “Local Adjustments” button or pressing Enter)
I’m not 100% convinced that there’s a bug here. It could easily be that I’m “doing it wrong”, but on the off chance it does represent a bug the specifics are PL 4.1.1 build 4479, Win 10, 32M memory, i5 CPU, 1060 GPU, 4K display.
In a perfect world, the ‘M’ key would be a toggle switching the mask on and then off - or a modifier key combined with ‘M’ would switch it off (the former seeming more natural to me).

And if I am “doing it wrong” could someone please tell me how to do this correctly?
Thanks!

In Windows, I just did the test and it works, I display or not the mask with the M keyAide point de controle

1 Like

Hi Bob, on my Win 10 20H2 tapping M turns the mask on and tapping M again turns it off, as you suggest. Maybe you should create a support ticket?

1 Like

Yes, the M key works as a toggle for me as well. You might want to consider reinstalling PL 4.1.1 to see if that helps.

Mark

Bob,
What version W10 are you using? 20H2 seems to have solved a few problems.

The M key always worked successfully for me even before 20H2.

Mark

The M key works fine for me too (om Windows 10). I have noticed, however, that sometimes there is a small lag between pressing the “M” key and the mask appearing /disappearing.

Windows 10 version 2004 (OS build 19041.685). On checking settings/update, I see 20H2 is now downloadable. Going to update to that now.

I’ll give reinstalling PL a try - although it seems to be a full reinstall every time I am presented with a new version, and this issue has persisted across at least one of those.

I wasn’t aware you had this problem before you installed 4.1.1. In that case it seems unlikely a reinstall will help.

Mark

I was lazy about fixing this, was hoping an update would sort it.
I’ve updated to W10 to 20H2 - and the issue is gone.
Thanks everyone!
I’d mark this thread closed/solved, but I’m not sure how…?

I did it. This thread is now closed :wink: