Confused on when optical corrections are applied

Are camera/lens corrections applied when a raw image is loaded? I am unclear about when the corrections are applied. Sometimes, that is all I wish to do to an image. How can that correction and only that be done?
Thanks,

Hello @Mangurian1 and welcome to the forum,

The camera/lens corrections are applied as soon as you download a specific for this camera module like this:

If you want only Lens corrections to be applied, you can apply “No correction” preset and then manually enable the corrections you want to be applied.

If you want the same settings to be applied to the other images -> you can create a custom preset and apply it.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Unless I’m missing something, suggesting a custom preset assumes that @Mangurian1 is using the Elite version of PhotoLab, which may not be the case…

Mark

Yep, you are right - creation Custom presets only available for the Elite version.

Thank you :wink:

1 Like

Please check again. According to the edition comparison page, PARTIAL presets are only available in ELITE, which means that full presets can also be created in the std. edition.

https://shop.dxo.com/de/photo-software/dxo-photolab?iframe=which-edition

1 Like

Hello,

This option “Create new preset” is absent in the Essential version but it’s still possible to create a preset from current settings:

DxO.PhotoLab_4qLixUG4rt
Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

I don’t understand. We are talking about presets, not palettes. Right?

Oups… Sorry, probably I’ve overworked. Corrected the post.

Thank you once again.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Again… the linked page (see above) says that std. ed. has no preset editor…
You might want to pull the screenshot and then go and have a nap :wink:

This would mean that full presets can only be created through the menu and context menu (not sure about that one, I’m on Big Sur Beta and have not yet installed DPL)

Hello,

• This is a mistake. Preset Editor is available for the Essential version but with limited number of functions. My screenshot is exactly from the Essential edition.

Regards,
Svetlana G.