Confidential margin

Does DxO invent pixels in a picture when developing ?
This screen capture could let to think that
Developed picture has 448 pixels more, in width only.
Is this the margin for image stabilization ?
Is it the same with others cameras ?

Au vue de tes captures d’écrans, le français serait plus simple :grinning:
Si j’ai bien compris, tu n’as pas fait de recadrage ni de redimensionnement à l’export, malgré cela ton image de sortie est plus grande que l’originale ?

Il y a une telle majorité de locuteurs en globish que j’écris dans cette langue !

C’est pour ça que je fais une hypothèse de marge pour la stabilisation mais le capteur stabilise aussi en vertical.
Encore plus bizarre :

• à gauche 63 MPix
  • à droite 60,2 MPix
  • sur la spec, 61 MPix

D’après les spécifs Sony, la taille de l’originale est bonne ( 35 mm plein format L : 9504 x 6336 - 60 mégapixels )
Du coup, ce serait PL4 qui génère cette différence.
Peux-tu nous soumettre un fichier raw pour un test ?

Distortion correction can change image dimensions, depending on whether cropping has been set to preserve the aspect ratio or not.

Yes but with no increase in size, unless upscaled.

Bizarre, je n’ai pas réussi à trouver cette information, même sur le site Sony.
Voici un kit : ARW, JPEG, JPEG DxO

C’est dans les spécifs ici

Hi @be51

I have a Sony RX100 V.
I take pictures with 2:3 format, while the sensor is larger to have video at 16:9.

And when I display the picture taken at the shorter focale as it comes from the camera without correcting volume nor crop, it is at 5472x3648.
I then apply Volume distorsion correction for Horizontal/Vertical while the crop is defined Auto without constraint, I remove this correction and displaying with cropping tool active I see parts of image on right and left of the 2:3 format, and as I’m without constraint, these parts are now in my image with size at 5972x3648.

So like you I have a final jpeg larger than “original”.
And this is useful, as if I have to use perspective tool, it uses all these “out of scope” pixel to keep at maximum the original 3:2 size.

J’ai fait quelques essais et j’ai obtenu la même chose (agrandissement de l’image) en appliquant une distorsion sans conserver les proportions de l’image.

I am not alone !
Le traitement avec un préréglage sans correction donne une image 9504 × 6336.
Merci à DxO pour nous rendre des pixels cachés !

Et merci à Sony (même si mon boîtier principal est Nikon) d’enregistrer la totalité du capteur ce qui donne un plus lors de la correction de perspective !

Merci, j’ai lu cette page sans voir l’essentiel !

Have a look at the screenshot below…

Green frames

• Original image size

Red frames

• Size after distortion correction:
    note how the distortion and crop settings have led to a wider image

The answer to you question has been given: the specs of the sensor and the settings of the distortion correction.
Besides that, in my experience, the dimensions of the final image can depend on the RAW converter that is used, even without distortion correction. But this is no more that 20-30 pixels at the short and the long side of the image. Apparently, some RAW converters extract more “useful” pixels from the RAW file.
Example: an image from my Pentax K5, converted in PL4: 4928x3264, same dimensions with ARC, 4950x3284 with Picture Window Pro.