Compare several photos in same view

Well :soccer: i am watching this evening… XXX vs :open_umbrella:
and vote again. :slight_smile:

I think this should be requested at least once a year.
It would nice to compare two different images at the same time.
I am about to purchase a new DAM software only to get this function before continuing with DXO in the workflow.

Hi, Tom. I don’t see how creating multiple requests for the same feature is going to help.

This one already has 32 votes:

This one got 18 votes before it was closed for being accepted:

Is your request different somehow?

The first link didn’t show up in my search.

Posts have been merged.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

Yes, I second the request for an option compare several photos in same view, especially when dealing with non-consecutive pics. To be able to choose up to 4 or 6 photos and compare them with 100% view really would be helpful.

And this has nothing to do with ‘overloading’ a raw converter.

BTW, FastRawViewer can only handle single pictures, while ON1 Photo Raw 2020 can do it easily and also without the need to import. Same does LR 5 after import (I’m still on that old version) and within a collection, one can even arrange pics by drag and drop, sort of light table.
Wolfgang

2 Likes

If you are on Windows then FastStone Image Viewer is a useful freeware viewer. It can handle RAW files and display multiple images (from 2 up to 4) in Full Screen mode, with zooming and panning applied to all images being displayed or just a selected one.

Hi Paul,
thank you for directing me to FastStone Viewer, which to my surprise even started in German without me choosing a language.
I knew it was ‘there’, but never tried it, as – apart from Windows … (sRGB colour space only; same as IE) – I have been using XnView (quite shortly), IrfanView (at work), FastPictureViewer (for culling) and ‘due to this forum’ now FastRawViewer. Otherwise, I have been organizing all my stuff with TotalCommander, which I prefer a lot to Windows’ own explorer.

Well, there are a tons of options in FSV, I have to see about and might report some time – but still like to have that compare option in PL. :innocent:
thank you again, Wolfgang

I have been testing three different DAMs that provide side by side viewing.
It is a very pleasant and convenient experience to be able to do this often necessary action.
Too bad that one has to jump back and forth between DXO and the DAM to accomplish this.

3 Likes

Dear @sgospodarenko,

do we have a chance to climb up in the agile develop process with 44 votes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. At the moment I develop a lot of lost spaces photos an it’s a nightmare to compare these photos after developing with different methods. And like @Tom says jumping back and forward takes a lot of time.
Thanks for your attention

greetings

Guenter

1 Like

I’ll throw in my 2 cents…obviously each individual places his or her own value on using a DAM. For me, it is a useful tool. Having used iMatch for a while I’d say it easily meets the basic or advanced needs of anyone. The focus in this thread is comparing images. Imatch can compare 2, 3 or even 4 pictures on the same page. IMO, it’s worth taking a look at.

Unless one uses Mac OS.

Currently on sale for £80 GBP.

Sadly just blew my cash on a new PC!

Dear @Guenterm,

Let me ask @StevenL to reply to this question.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hi there,
Side-by-side comparison, like 2 or more images, is something which is still missing in PhotoLab.
We want to have it too, but I would be surprised if we’ll be able to “squeeze” it in our current scheduled development timeline.

Steven.

1 Like

Hi all,

do we have to start a crowd funding for this feature ? :thinking:

And are you still developing after the waterfall method and not agil ? :laughing:

FastRawViewer v2 now allows 2 and 4 image comparisons.
Photolab?

Of processed images? There’s a world of difference between displaying RAW images and displaying processed ones.

Apple’s Aperture allowed side-by-side viewing of processed raw images at arbitrary magnification with synchronized scrolling of the two. This was 10 years ago…

Yes, there are many such examples.