Due to several posts around color space used and exported, I did the following:
- Took an image with all my (Canon) cameras, all set to use Adobe RGB
- Copied the files to my computer using the finder (I’m on Mac)
- Checked color space info using exiftool
This is what I found:
- Canon raw files display an “Uncalibrated” color space when set to Adobe RGB
- Exported using the original color space, they report Adobe RGB
- when I set the cameras to use sRGB, will I lose colors assuming the sensor is still "uncalibrated?
- when I set the cameras to use AdobeRGB, DxO assumes that output should be Adobe RGB even if the source color space is uncalibrated. Will there be any loss?
- Sensor data is always (?) uncalibrated, embedded previews use the color space set in camera?
I’d be happy if someone from DxO could shine some light into how color is actually managed in DPL. Maybe a whitepaper could help?