Changing the EXIF

It seems to be a product that is only available on the Mac App Store. Using a common generic term as an application’s official product name was probably not the best idea, but then again Microsoft successfully calls it word processing program Word, so what do I know. :smiley:,

https://exifeditor.com/

Mark

Do not go via that website, you will be directed to a page that says the app does not exists (app store bug?). Go directly to the App Store and do a search with the exact name I gave as I said from the very beginning.

Whoa. Perhaps not everybody knows the share function in the App Store.

Here you go: https://apps.apple.com/de/app/exif-editor/id477514607?mt=12 Exif Editor by Michael Novak.

1 Like

About NeededApps’ MetaImage (it’s also on the app store but available off the app store as well): my hopes have risen.

Here’s a screenshot from the appstore’s selection, which indicates the possibility of choosing the fields available for editing.

If the list is comprehensive, it’s possible that

1. the four key ones can be enabled
  2. distracting and unsuitable ones can be disabled

In that case, it would be possible to turn MetaImage into an efficient lens switching tool for PhotoLab.

If MetaImage will work, it’s available on BundleHunt in their 2019 Holiday Bundle (should be available into December) for $2 right now. There’s some other very useful tools in the bundle this year including NameMangler (bulk name changer), ABetterFinderAttributes 6 (editing file name from EXIF data), DropShare (drop sharing from your own server), WhatSize (duplicate finder), TextSoap (cleaning internet and other text for editing). Don’t consider everything, some of the apps are real copycat junk with only a single activation on a single computer possible.

Actually, Silvers is not my last name. Mwsilvers is just a handle that has special meaning to me.

Mark

Mr Kinnear,

I have given a first message saying: “I also use Capture One and over in that forum some members praise Exif Editor (available on the App Store). Apparently that works with C1. Maybe it works with PhotoLab too. Not very expensive, 12 Euro’s.”

I have given a second message saying: "Yes, that’s the one I guess. Unfortunately there is no trial." after platypus had posted a picture of the avatar of the app.

I have given a third message: “I got exif editor (apple store) and it works 90%. It will correctly list the focal length and the aperture used. It will not list the name of the lens. It is a neat piece of software for no great cost (12 Euro).”

I have given a fourth message saying: “Well actually I got Exif Editor (full name) because it seems to work with Capture One. Do a search in the Apple Store.”

I have given a fifth message saying: “Moreover you are completely wrong: there is exactly one app called “Exif Editor”, I even mentioned that that is the full name in my previous message so that there could be no confusion.”

In all those messages I have given complete information as to what to do. There is nothing more I can think of that I could usefully have given. Exact name, Apple App Store, via search because via website does not work. What in heaven’s name could I have done more?

You reaction has been one filled with filthy attacks: … skin of you nose … dirty laundry … don’t be lazy …indolent scoundrel … reluctant to carry my own pack.

You sir are an extremely rude and uncouth man.

1 Like

Gentlemen - please relax and take it easy. Thank you

5 Likes

I second that.

And as a warning or tip (depending which side you are) I will not continue reading posts of persons who do not respect others or are aggressive.
For those authors I will use the ignore functionality of the forum system in the future ( Settings > Notifications > Users > Add new user to the ignore list ). If this is the only solution to keep this place nice and kind…

6 Likes

Hi there, and sorry for bringing back an old topic, but I guess it’s on the same context: Has anyone tried to change the camera model on the exif?

I’d like to give a second chance to some old photos from my Samsung NX3000 on Deep Prime XD, but unfortunately photolab 6 can’t read its raw (.srw) files. It can do it for some other NX models (including the NX2000), but no the 3000.

I actually managed to change the exif using Exiftool (but not on command line, used a GUI), only changing the model from NX3000 to NX2000, but photolab 6 still can’t decode the .srw.

Would I be doing something wrong? Is there another data that needs to be changed? Or changing the exif can’t to the trick for this?

Yes, other data probably needs to be changed. This is also being discussed here: