Caution when uninstalling NIk if both Google and DxO versions installed

I have PSE9, a 32 bit application, with the Google NIK plugins installed. In addition, I downloaded the DxO NIK trial before discovering it was a 64 bit and incompatible. I did not uninstall the DxO version. However, when PSE is launched, this appears.

Realizing this was the 64 bit DXO version, I found the “Uninstall” file and launched it intending to stop the update popup. Both DxO and Google versions were deleted. I fixed the problem with a system restore.

I expect I’m not the only trial user who made this mistake. I would expect the DxO uninstall to uninstall only the DxO version.

Hello Jim,

Actually, it’s expected that Google version is uninstalled. But it’s not a trap for you as users with 32bit systems because you still have a free version from DxO which supports 32bit - https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001439187-Is-it-still-possible-to-get-the-free-download-version-of-the-Nik-Collection

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Svetlana,

Any thoughts on how long DxO will continue to provide the Google version of Nik? I believe DxO is the only source.

Google was very quick in removing their links to Nik.

Hi Jim,

The link I provided you is not Google but free version of DxO Nik (it’s the same with Google but under the new brand :wink: ) and the link will be available at least for a year.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Just to clarify, - this is the 32 bit version of Nik. If so, I’m going to download a copy (or two) to a USB stick for safekeeping.

Yep, it’s both 32 and 64bit.

Regards,
Svetlana G.