Canon mk2 70-200 f4 added but not extender Mk3 1.4

Canon Mk2 70-200 f4 has been added with the X2 mK3 extender but not the 1.4 mk 3 one. Support just says add it as a request. Has some one lost the mk 3 1.4 extender?

Hello @John7,
With PhotoLab 2 we released modules for
• Canon EF70-200mm f/4L IS II USM
• Canon EF70-200mm f/4L IS II USM + EF 1.4x II
• Canon EF70-200mm f/4L IS II USM with EF 1.4x III
• Canon EF70-200mm f/4L IS II USM with EF 2x III

(and same for Canon EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM)

If the right module isn’t associated to your images can you upload one or two images so I can test ? JPG from the camer are enough, I don’t need RAW files.

Best regards,

Yes found them now, my error, though support say “We have not developed this module, so you would need to request it so it is considered”. I don’t have jpeg from the camera but cr2. I can send one or two but as most are large as I use mainly a 5ds, how do I send them?

It works for new images, its the old ones identified as the old lens before.

Hello @John7,

You can put the files on upload.dxo.com and put your login in the Support ticket number field in order I can identify your folder.

best regards

Sent one, 1st attempt didn’t work as the site doesn’t work with Firefox but says

“You browser doesn’t have Flash, Silverlight, Gears, BrowserPlus or HTML5 support.”

Hello @John7,

I got your file, thanks.
From what I see it has been shot with the Canon EOS 5Ds + Canon EF70-200mm f/4L IS II USM. I have no information or clue about an extender.

Information in Exif are following ones :
• Focal : 200.00 mm
• FNumber : F4.0
• Lens Name : EF70-200mm f/4L IS II USM
• Lens ID : 754

If you used an extender x1.4 Focal and FNumber would be 280mm F5.6
As your camera is a 5Ds, a recent camera, LensName and LensID would have also been impacted by extender EF1.4x III like that :
• EF70-200mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x III

So I’m a bit lost. Maybe I haven’t understood your problem.
Maybe can you specifically shoot an image with the extender for comparison ?

Best regards,

The problem is version 1 of PL wrongly identified this lens as the mk1 and now the proper lens information is available how do I change the existing images over to the mk2 lens as PL2 is still treating existing images as mk1 not 2. I have copied to a different location the image sent, and it still treats it as mk1 when opened. Clearly the database is retaining the information as dop is not present when I did this but I am not keen to delete it and all the dop files to see if that will force it to correct its corrections.
What I have asked is how can I force PL 2 (or PL1 as the lens info is in it now as well)to use the correct lens information?

I just tested and PhotoLab 1 correctly identified you photo with module for Canon EOS 5Ds + EF70-200mm f/4L IS II USM

A Possibility is the caflist hasn’t been updated. Can you download any caf and restart PhotoLab ?

New images with the lens are OK, its existing ones that have been before the mk2 data was available were identified as the mk1 lens in PL that are not being seen as the mk2 data is installed. I.e. I am trying to change existing processed images over from mk1 to mk2 lenses.