Canon EOS R + 100-400 type II => Photolab CA correction failure

While editing my wildlife pictures in Photolab 2.2 I saw a strange yellow line along the body of a deer near the image border. Disabling CA correction removed this yellow line. Picture was taken with EOS R + Canon 100-400/4.5-5.6 IS Type II. Manual focus with focus peaking (yellow lines too, but these should only be in the EVF). All in camera corrections are set to OFF. The picture was in RAW. ISO 2000, 1/2000s, F5.6, 400mm, no extenders. I saw this issue in other pictures too, always near the image borders. I ended up in disabling CA correction for all pictures. Weird!
It seems to me an error in the CA correction of DXO Photolab. Am I right?

Hello @Erik,

Looks like it is. But to ensure we need some images for the analysis (as we recently fixed the similar issue - EOS R+EF 100-400 L IS USM and Chromatic Aberration issue). Please, upload some images on our server upload.dxo.com under your name instead of “support ticket number” and notify me when ready.

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello Svetlana, just uploaded 3 RAW files and 3 DOP files. It looks like this is a similar issue as the one for the other 100-400 (type I) in combination with the EOS R.

Succes!

Kind regards, Erik

Hello Erik,

Thank you for the files. We’ll investigate the issue.

Regards,
Svetlana G.