Canon 6D Mk II RAW File Processing Fail

Hello,
First attempt to export a DNG from Canon 6D Mk II RAW CR2 file failed. Error message said the camera was not supported by "this version of DxO PhotoLab (DxO PL 3 Elite).
Any recommendations?

Michael

Hello Michael (@MGW),

Welcome to DxO forum :slight_smile:

Can you upload a RAW file you have this problem with so we can have a look ?
Can you also tell me if these images were OK before in PhotoLab or if this is for new images only and if you have done something like updating the firmware of your camera ?

For information we support RAW but not mRAW or sRAW.

Regards,
Marie

Hello @MGW,

You can upload your files to our server upload.dxo.com under your forum name (instead of support ticket number) and let us know when ready.

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Somehow I missed this topic.

6D2 is 100% supported. @MGW was there any outcome to this topic?

Rick
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100

Hello,

Still waiting for the images from you @MGW or if you already uploaded them, just let us know.

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Good Afternoon Svetlana. Just tested this again. Export DNG, working fine here. 3.2.0 (4344). Will likely come down to something in his environment. Thanks for all the hard work you and the team do for us.

Rick

1 Like

Hello,
I have read the replies I have received. I have not altered files, the camera, or processed the files in another program. I load them directly into the computer from the camera, make edits, and attempt to save as DNG and I get the error messages and the image can’t display.
Regards,
Michael

PS
I can’t find a support ticket number. I did load 4 files into the uploader, 2 CR2 files, and the 2 corresponding failed dng files.

Yes I sent multiple files, have been waiting for You. How do I let you know I am ready?

Hello!

• You leave a remark here, that the files are uploaded and that’s enough. Thank you, I’ve got your files and we’ll investigate.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Okay, @MGW thanks to your screenshot I see what the problem is:

So your processing to .dng is successful and you can open this file with LR or any other app which supports linear dng. The problem is that PL itself does not support such files and that is why you see this message (on Windows such files are filtered out from the Filmstrip).

Good news is that we have an intention to implement this support in future.

Regards,
Svetlana G.