Can you Rename Keywords in PhotoLab 5?

I’ve had a look into a PhotoLab database that Beth sent me - and the commas seem to be added by the GUI, they are NOT in the keyword table! Strangely enough, I see no typo in Waterfowl… either.

That confirms my suspicions…

<dc:subject>
            <rdf:Bag>
               <rdf:li>Holiday, Crete, 2022, Mountain Crab</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>W1X2Y3Z4</rdf:li>
            </rdf:Bag>
         </dc:subject>
         …
         <lr:hierarchicalSubject>
            <rdf:Bag>
               <rdf:li>Holiday, Crete, 2022, Mountain Crab</rdf:li>
               <rdf:li>W1X2Y3Z4</rdf:li>
            </rdf:Bag>
         </lr:hierarchicalSubject>

… is totally wrong and should not have passed validation.

As @Egregius sans this is definitely a Windows bug.

I’d say so
@SAFC01, can you check what’s in your database? Any commas in the keywords table of the DB?

Let’s involve @StevenL herewith.

Happy to take a look but what can I use to examine the db?

This: https://sqlitebrowser.org

Thanks.

As you can see below, the database table is holding the Keyword complete with the commas I entered.
2022-07-17_18h09_58

Okay… DPL Win and DPL Mac seem to differ in this respect. Your entry is understood as a single keyword. The only way to get something like that on Mac is to insert the commas in the database.

The curious thing, as I said earlier, is that the validation when renaming a keyword in PL5 prevents you from using keywords with commas but this isn’t applied at the time of creating a keyword.
[From my (very long ago) time developing software I’d have assumed there would be a single keyword validation set of code being used any and every time a keyword is created or changed].

It’s the kind of thing I would have put in common code, called by both platforms but, unfortunately, because the database is not the same on both platforms, somebody, somewhere, seems to have “duplifuscated” the code.

Still, let’s hope it’s not as bad as the project I acted as consultant on, where they had sales tax code in seven different places and each one did the calculation differently :crazy_face: :roll_eyes:

so, you believe there is a validation process worth talking about? Just asking … :grin: