Can not Create virtual copy from search result

Not sure if I am missing something but the ability to create a virtual copy is grayed if the images being displayed are the result of a search. I can create virtual copy if the image collection is from a folder or project. Just me? I am using the windows version with Win 10.

Thanks - Ron

Welcome Ron

Yes.
Same thing for me.
Same OS and same question.
Pascal

What you can see is only based on the search criteria and not folder based since the results you see may be from multiple folders… I wonder if a virtual copy is created but only viewable if you redo the search or if you view the actual folder of the raw file.

Mark

No, the option to create a virtual copy is grayed out. It’s grayed out in both the PhotoLibrary and the Customize workspaces.

That also makes sense to me, since the results of a search are not specific to a folder. Obviously virtual copies are intended to be used only when editing files in selected folders.

Mark

Seems so, assuming that search results aren’t updated in realtime as folder contents change - and sidecars likewise aren’t rescanned for virtual copies - though DxO needs to add that into the user guide. So right-click on the image and select “Load original image folder” and that will change the view category in the “source browser toolbar” at the top of the image browser (filmstrip) from search to folder and let you work on the image without such restrictions.

Hello guys,

The option is disabled on purpose - you can’t add anything to a search result:

Thank you, Greg for the help.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

OK - I now understand the process - WAD - works as designed.

Thanks to all for reviewing, commenting and providing an explanation.

Ron

Hmm that works for me.

Search term … list of files in PhotoLibrary … right click … Create virtual copy is enabled. And it works!

Mac OS Mojave PL 3.1.0. Build 26.

1 Like

Exclusive for MacOS !?
@sgospodarenko Svetlana can you confirm it ?
Pascal

Hi @Pieloe,

I’m not @sgospodarenko, but I confirm as @RexBlock that on Mac it’s working.

1 Like

Thanks Patrick
I don’t like that :frowning:
Pascal

• Yes, I can confirm that on Mac it’s possible to create a VC for the search result. But MAC uses another mechanism for search - as you can notice they create projects for every search and exactly because of that the creation of VC is possible.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like