Buttons for flip ( mirror effect ) in toolbar or in palette ( with VP4 )

Hi,

Can you add buttons for mirror effect in the toolbar ?

Thanks

…and add keyboard shortcuts as well as

• some kind of indication that a flip has been used
  • a possibility to reset all flips
1 Like

I would like to have an option to customize the toolbar with my own buttons

2 Likes

@platypus @Sigi I absolutely agree with you.
These are requests that are recurring but we see absolutely nothing coming.
Don’t forget your vote :+1:

1 Like

Maybe 2023 is the year of a new UI/UX for PL that will give the developers more latitude to fulfill our wishes :grinning:

The longer they wait, the more work there will be to do to get it.

I would only be in favor of an additional button if the tool bar could be modified to allow users to add and delete buttons. Otherwise, the last thing I would want is another button that I will rarely use added to the toolbar,

Mark

1 Like

This can also be placed in a palette like VP tools with:

• buttons activation with indication flip active or not
  • reset one and all flips

Yes - that definitely would be useful !

John M

Via the Image menu-item: image

Currently, it’s a clumsy / tedious process having to go back&forwards to preview the results between Flip Horizantally vs Vertically.

Shortcuts for these variants (as is available for Rotate) would make this a much better user-experience.

John M

This is a feature of ViewPoint4, not PL6.

Personally, I would have said this is such a fundamental tool, it shouldn’t require the purchase of the whole VP4 package.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s understood, Joanna - but, it’s integrated within PL when “unlocked” with a license for VPv4.

I cannot readily imagine any reason that would prevent PLv6 from allowing shortcuts to activate this integrated tool (?)

John M

1 Like

Great suggestion John. Voted.

1 Like

John

Maybe you could reword the request to indicate something more accurate like “Provide shortcuts for PLv6’s embedded Viewpoint 4 Orientation / Flip feature”.

Mark

2 Likes

We can group requests on this subject, see here.

1 Like

Hi @Barbara-S

I mistakenly created a duplicate request for the same feature … Silly me !

Would you please combine this post with this one.

John M

John, couldn’t you just have edited the title of this one? I’ve often edited thread titles I’ve created when I realize there’s a typo or the title is not descriptive enough. The ability to edit thread titles seems to be available for some period of time after they created. Perhaps that’s not allowed on threads where you’re soliciting a vote from others.

Mark

What’s wrong with the title ?
I can change it if you want.

The problem with the title of John’s thread regarding shortcuts for the flip feature was that it did not include Viewpoint 4. This may be confusing to some users since it suggested that there is a flip feature available In PL 6 for all users.

You might consider changing your title as well since people who do not own Viewpoint may not even realize this feature exists or assume creation of a button to select it will be available to everyone.

Mark

1 Like

I noted (with VP4) in the title.

2 Likes