Bug when moving images from one folder to another

PL has exhibited this behavior since forever. For awhile it was doing it, then stopped, then drag became a copy instead of a move, then it went back to a move, then the phantom files remained after a move again, and that’s where we are today.

I’ve gotten accustomed to it since moving out of the folder and back in refreshes the view, and evidently the cache as well, but it is a bug.

With PL4 I had the issue once in a while. It’s with PL5 that it’s constant. I don’t remember I had this issue with OP.
I guess DxO doesn’t care.
Nick

There are a lot of problems with the windows version as well. Image browsing is erratic suddenly jumping 2 or more images as you tab through (this was accepted as a problem years ago but never fixed), the issue of dop’s not always being deleted when you deleted an image was finally fixed after some years and the latist one that is being fixed with the next update (I am told) is in saving folders created are not always saved to but created and a “new folder” saved to as well as creating the named folder you created. I expect there are others, but some of these are really old problems and two out of the three I have raised have been sorted but clearly there is a basic historical problem with early programing in dealing with images in both Mac and Windows.
I don’t think its that they don’t care, I think new features are seen as being more important and sorting out old problems not as a very high priority for sales so its up to us to make the isues become as or more important than new features so they do get sorted.

That’s what some people call “banana goods” … but no problem here to move files from one folder to another within PL5 – or to add files with a file manager to an already opened folder.

It’s often the case with companies that have limited resources. LibreOffice for example is constantly adding new features but since a decade never corrected any of the many little or big glitches that make the user’s experience rather unpleasant.
I guess we will have to live with this dysfunction.
Nick

I just submitted a request in the Help Center. Let’s wait and see.
Nick

Same here (M1 MBA, macOS 12.3)

The view is only updated when we switch folders.

In PhotoLab 4, the problem occurred but rarely. We can consider that the bug was minor and therefore not a priority. In PhotoLab 5, the bug is permanent and reproducible. It’s very annoying and therefore it’s a major bug. So it’s likely that DXO will fix it.

It’s fixed!
I upgraded to the v5.2.3 and the issue doesn’t happen anymore.
Thanks DxO!
Nick