Bug in PL6.1: WB and Color Rendering don't work on exported DNG(NR and Optical corrections only)

Thanks, Mark. Years ago I was on the Beta Team for JRiver Media Center. Every update was run by us before release. It probably saved a lot of this kind of grief, but took a lot of dedication by the Team members.

Rod

1 Like

Affinity has beta versions on there fourm asking for them to be tested, rather a different approch to DxO

1 Like

Not me. I would have caught this immediately as I use DNG on every shot.

2 Likes

Hello @Cecile-C I just wanted to keep you updated: It appears that there is a similar(same?) problem as I reported here also in PL5.6.

I have the same problem, WB doesn’t do anything in preview or development in PL6.1, Windows. Can’t work like that, please fix it quickly.

1 Like

The same problem is in PhotoLab 5.6. I can’t change white balance in dng files converted from orf.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this guys. As far as I am aware, they are working on it. However, it is the weekend and we probably won’t hear anything from them until next week.

1 Like

Out of curiosity I checked with a few older raw files (Nikon D800, Fuji X20), which at the time I had converted with AdobeDNG converter, in PL5.6 and PL6.1.

• It looks like the same thing – anything to do with colour rendering doesn’t seem to work.
    (No idea, how it was in the past as I never tried to develop those old DNG conversions in PL.)

OR could it be a ‘byproduct’, that similar to PL’s DNG export no colour changes are accepted?
Just asking, as normally I don’t use this roundtrip.

1 Like

Hi Wolfgang and thanks for your confirmation. As to your question above: No, I’ve been using this workflow on every update since PL4.0.0 when it was first introduced. It has always worked perfectly until PL6.1.0.

@rrblint Thank you. I will come back to you as soon as I have more news about it.

6 Likes

Wow Cecile, you’re up late tonight! :smiley:

Thank you for your response. I will be looking forward to hearing from you. BTW as you are new here, I would like to welcome you to the community!

1 Like

@rrblint Thank you for your welcoming words :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thought id chip in on this post as well as it affects photolab 5.6 native DNG as well. e.g dng files straight from camera…killing my workflow on my Ricoh GR dng raws :slight_smile:
DXO really should have a public archive with previous versions so we can just revert until fixed instead of being dead in the water as it were.

1 Like

Regreably the only way round there lack of help is as many here have said is to keep a set of install file’s. We shouldn’t have to but DxO are unwilling to adopt a customer friendly approach .

Yes, I’ve kept my earlier version installers and this is the first time I’ve actually had to use one. Glad I had it on hand.

2 Likes

Just to add having similar issues here. Just exported a file as a jpeg and it’s way over-warmed, almost all golden-yellow. I’m guessing I made an adjustment that wasn’t visible in the preview.

1 Like

This bug fix is in progress and should be ready for implementation soon according to @Cecile-C in a different topic.

Mark

2 Likes

Thanks for the report Steve.

Yes, I saw this too. Thanks Mark.

1 Like

@mwsilvers @danielfrimley @John7 @Wolfgang @Dmoran @HanSch @nwboater

Well I am very happy to report that the bug described above in PL6.1.0 has been successfully squashed in PL6.1.1! Thank you @Cecile-C and DxO team: Nice work and very quickly.

7 Likes

While it does seem to be fixed, my foam head makeover DNG file is still exhibiting some idiosyncratic behavior. I know that sounds vague but let’s leave it at that for the moment. It is too difficult to easily explain. I’m working through it and think I may be able to resolve it.

Mark

1 Like