Bug in PL6.1: WB and Color Rendering don't work on exported DNG(NR and Optical corrections only)

I know that I am one of the few who uses this workflow regularly. For every RAW file I always export to DNG(NR and Optical corrections only), then make adjustments on the exported DNG. These adjustments frequently include changes to WB and CR. While these adjustments are working fine on the RAW files themselves I prefer to make these adjustments on the DNG and in PL6.1.0 these adjustments have no effect on the preview screen. I think that they do appear on the exported TIFF. This bug is crippling my workflow. Please @Cecile-C or other support personnel take a look at this bug and see the screenshots below. I can provide files if you wish.

Note that the Tint slider exhibits the same behavior.

Note that the Leica M9 color rendering should be very saturated and contrasty.

1 Like

Yes, since the update (I did it yesterday) it isnā€™t working properly - I am seeing the embedded JPG file in DXO (and not the raw).
**I have solved the problem by removing the latest version and going back to the previous version. I will update again when this has been fixed.

2 Likes

This may be Windows specific - Iā€™ve just updated on Mac and I have full WB and CR controls applied on the preview - I process all RAW in PureRaw 2 with DeepPRIME only (not PL) and then work on those DNGs in PL. I have PL Elite if you want me to run any specific processing tests to try to replicate?

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™m about to do that too until it is fixed. I will after Iā€™ve tested the other ā€œimprovementsā€.

I experience the same problem.

1 Like

I havenā€™t tried exporting the DNG using PureRAW yet. I will do that now and report back.

Thanks for testing @renzl @danielfrimley and @HanSch

Daniel, I have just tried exporting the DNG in PR2 and then trying to adjust it in PL6.1.0 and itā€™s still a no-go on windows. If itā€™s working on Mac, then I guess thereā€™s nothing more for you to test. Thanks for the offer and if I think of anything Iā€™ll let you know.

1 Like

@rrblint Hello, our developers have identified your bug and are currently investigate it. Thank you for your understanding

4 Likes

Thank you @Cecile-C

If you need any files or other information please let me know. :smiley:

2 Likes

You are definitely not the only one affected. See what it did to my white foam head makeover, with which you are familiar.

This first image is what the DNG and its associated .dop file should look like in PhotoLab

However, after updating to version 6.1 it now looks like this in PhotoLab. At least half of the edits are no longer displayed. Thankfully, it still exports correctly and appears to be primarily a display issue while editingā€¦

!

It is very disconcerting and makes using DNGā€™s virtually useless until it is fixed.

Mark.

1 Like

Thanks for testing Mark. I hope it gets fixed soon. I just reinstalled 6.0.1 and itā€™s still working correctly.

It is weird. Some edits are visible but most are not. Even the irises are incomplete. They are shown here as smaller dots but I had modified their size, shape and density using the Chroma/Luma sliders.

Mark.

Yes, there are probably a lot more corrections that are not working. I just stopped testing after discovering the WB and CR.

I donā€™t export to DNG nearly as often as you so Iā€™ll probably stick with 6.1 for the time being. Hopefully they will have it fixed in days rather than weeks since it is such a serious bug.

Mark

1 Like

I have same problem with RAW WB adjustments not displaying on DNG files since update 6.1. I have submitted a ticket.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting. Standby as @Cecile-C has stated that the team is aware of the issue and presently looking into it. :smiley:

1 Like

Same problemā€¦ Someone as the link for the 6.01 ? Canā€™t work like that

1 Like

I just tested it and apparently the same bug was also implemented in the Photolab 5.6 update. This is a very serious problem which can undermine user confidence. DxO need to fix this quickly.

Mark

5 Likes

Hi Mark. Iā€™m curious if they have you wonderful Beta Tester check out the ā€˜dotā€™ updates, or only the new full versions?

Thanks, Rod

I have no idea who tests the ā€˜,dotā€™ updates.

Mark

2 Likes