Black pixels/dots in jpeg after processing with DXO pureraw 2/3

Hi all,

I have noticed that small black dots were appearing after processing my raw files to a jpeg with DXO Pureraw 2 AND 3 (so deeprime and deepprime xd), see photo’s above. The jpeg my camera creates, however, doesn’t have these black dots and in the raw file i cant seem to find anything like a black dot as well. If you get a quick glance at the picture, you don’t see it, but once you see it, you really can’t not see it anymore so it is quite annoying.

Can someone tell me why this is and/or how to fix it? it is not on the modules, if i turn of sharpening, lens correction, etc. the dots are still there. So are these just some artefacts?? Also these black dots seem to appear at the same places, so is this a sign that there is something wrong w/ my camera/lens, i find this not very likely since the RAW file thus doesn’t contain any of these black dots or anything alike it.
I use the panasonic lumix fz82, RW2 files, maybe someone can relate.

Cheers, Rick

If it is something on your camera then you might look at it with a deadpixel tester.
Deadpixeltest is a simple program. If you can’t find it, it’s already old, then I can send it to you. It’s freeware.

George

Can you post the RAW RW2 file to a sharing service such as Dropbox, p-Cloud, Wetransfer, etc. and then post a link to it here. It would help us to be able to pinpoint the source.

2 Likes

I am sorry for the late response, but here is a wetransfer link to the picture: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free.
Thanks for trying to help me btw, I will be more alert for your replies from now on

Thanks, but we need The original RAW RW2 file not the JPG.

I am sorry, i thought that i uploaded the raw file, here is the right one WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

Thanks, I’ll take a look at it.

You’ve got several stuck/dead pixels on your sensor. Here is the unedited RAW file as seen in Topaz Photo AI 1.3(they are also visible in Photolab 6.5 on the RAW file).

Some other RAW processors do not show these dead pixels presumably because they are caught by the software and removed from the pic. PL6.5 has this capability also. I could remove all but the most persistent ones by increasing the Dead Pixels slider to 100% and decreasing the Noise Model slider to zero in the NR pane in PL6, but some of them are very stubborn. Here is the JPG output from PL6.5 using DeepPRIME XD.

I’m afraid that with PR 2/3 these adjustments are not available, so there’s not much that you can do about it with that software.

Many thanks for your answer, this really helps. I couldn’t see the dead pixels in the RAW file in the photo-app of windows, that is why i thought that possibly had to do with DXO

Try this one
deadpixeltest.zip (190.1 KB)

George

Thanks george, I will contact the seller with all this information. I know dead/stuck pixels are ‘‘normal’’ but the camere is only a few months old, so I don’t find this normal. Especially scince there are more than one dead pixel.