Automatic renaming which allows to read out parts of the metadata

Hello together,
I like DXO-Photolab very much - very clear and the new denoising function is brilliant.
Nevertheless a suggestion: It would help me a lot if it would be possible to read out parts of the metadata during the automatic renaming.
This would allow me to automatically add the relevant ISO value, aperture, exposure time and/or other metadata components to the new name.

Hi Udo. If you post this under “Which feature do you need?” then people can vote for your suggestion.

John M

2 Likes

Hello @lehmannudo and welcome to the Forum,

If you do not mind, I’ll convert your post into a request and as @John-M said users can vote for it.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like

OK, it is a good idea.

Please, vote for your suggestion as well (top left corner).

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hi Udo

I have already done this request

Pascal

2 Likes

Hello Pascal,

Let me leave it opened as yours contains a lot of suggestions in one and I fear users will miss some and create new duplicate requests.

But do not worry, as you link them the voting will be counted as one.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

3 Likes

Voted.

What I need is “date taken” and “time taken” to get rid of the generic and generally useless file names generated by most cameras. As long as PL does not support “smart renaming” this can be done e.g. with XnViewMP to name a free alternative, ACDSee also has been supporting this for years. This however only works as long as you have no sidecar files which you want to keep. The big benefit of this functionality being available right in PL is hopefully the fact that this would also rename and reassign PL sidecar files accordingly. Currently batch renaming outside of PL is the very first thing in my workflow as I know that once I have started developing my shots it is too late.

1 Like

Especially the possibility of renaming by shooting date and time would be very helpful!