Apple ProRAW

I’ve now received my iphone 12 pro.

Apple ProRaw is a linear dng, like the ones you can export from dxo to be used in lightroom.
So, there’s no noise correction to be applied, for instance, as apple has already applied its correction (a little too much to my taste, but quite impressive).

There won’t be any interest on applying deepprime on a proraw, however the files have a very high dynamic range so it will be interesting to be able to process the files through dxo.

I want my raw software to handle all my photo files, to get a consistent processing.
And now, smartphone photography is real photography. You can do a lot with an iphone and proraw (and same with android phones and dng).

I think dxo should really support these files, even if it’s not getting the best optical corrections and so on…
Just the standard processing capability would be good enough.

5 Likes

Even though I have no personal interest, I find it hard to disagree.

1 Like

any news ?

Any news? Really love PL but have to use LightRoom only for ProRaw editing… what kinda sucks …

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this trick would work with ProRAW but with normal iPhone DNG’s it’s possible to use MetaImage to edit iPhone 11 Pro Max DNG files as iPhone X files. There’s quite a bit of information in the RAW files.

MetaImage is currently on sale at BundleHunt for $3 (normal price is $19).

1 Like

I did manage to find some iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 RAW files and test them. Results here.

1 Like

Almost end of 2023. Still waiting for this.

5 Likes