Any news on the next version (5) of photolab?

Indeed, and I never claimed The Number was 5%. I just said that even if that number is only 5% which looks low, it is better not to lose this 5%. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope they will release the missing optical modules (which are yet available for Pure RAW) i.e. for the Canon RF 14-35/4 an the Canon RF 100/2.8 too.
I donā€™t understand, why itā€™s available for Pure-RAW and not for PL4 yet?
Are the Modules for Pure-RAW and PL that much different?
(May Iā€™m impatient, because I finally want to develop the RAWs of my last holiday, which were shot 99% with the 14-35/4 and itā€™s frustrating without a matching module) ā€¦

I suggest you lower your rage a bit. DxO is a company which delivers manuals in the userā€™s language, which replies to support questions in their native language. I am not under the impression they are arrogant.

Try to get that from Capture One. Try to get a stable version from Capture One. To me your rants are a lot of rumble noise. If youā€™re unhappy with DxO, go and look for a better RAW converter, and I hope you have also some customers treating you like you try to treat DxO devs, just to keep the fun and excitement in your life.

Also, a couple of users go to the next disappointment experience (youā€™re not really thinking somewhere else itā€™s much better?) and other users buy their first PL license like I did Ā¾ year ago. So far, neither DxO nor C1 nor LR is close to how I could organise my images in Aperture. Owned by who? Dropped by who? Are you interested in DxO closing shop as they canā€™t fulfill all your needs? No one forces you to take part in the update circus. Ah, youā€™re developing apps? So the baker complaints about how dusty it gets with all this flour? How hot it is in the bakehouse? ā€œHƤttest Du halt was Gescheites gelernt!ā€ is a saying with a surprising effect on people who just love to complain.

4 Likes

Typical sycophant behaviour. According to the sycophants, I am unhappy about some policies, I have to give up:

1. the internet
  2. computers
  3. DxO PhotoLab

Whatā€™s next? I should give up breathing because I disagree with air pollution policies?

If DxO chooses to kick me, after Iā€™ve invested over ā‚¬500 into their software (and the time to learn it properly) and done no end of free outreach for them, I will kick back.

and I hope you have also some customers treating you like you try to treat DxO devs, just to keep the fun and excitement in your life.

We rarely have customers as annoyed with us. Like Capture One and FastRawViewer, we allow users to come with the version of pre-requisite technology which they wish to use. We are not actively trying to cut off our users. Of course, like Capture One and FastRawViewer we have to occasionally update the pre-requisites but we maintain compatibility as long as possible and only break compatibility when we absolutely must.

When a company does create this kind of frustration among its most keenest advocates, a wise company should look very, very carefully at the policies which are creating that frustration.

1 Like

Iā€™m using quite an old win 10 desktop, gen i5, ssf, sad with low profile graphics card. Iā€™m probably a candidate for earlier drop off than most. I started with Photolab 2 and it did crash and occasionally misbehave. Version 3 and now 4 work as well as can be expected. I can understand frustrations of those who have invested heavily fearing their OS versions not being supported. Software companies have their calculations to make, but I hope DXO donā€™t alienate customers who contribute greatly in unpaid ā€™ customer supportā€™.
Iā€™ve been using PCā€™s since DOS days and their is a history of software companies failing by not supporting customers well and lack of innovation. Letā€™s hope DXO isnā€™t one.

2 Likes

I just hope you donā€™t confuse me with somebody who cares about your complaints. :grin:

Man, I went from Aperture to Capture One to DxO and I see the money I paid for using a RAW converter as gone in every aspect. Just as the differences between the price for a new lens and what I get when I sell it. If Iā€™m getting unhappy with DxO, Iā€™m gone. It is that easy, believe me. And since Apple changed their course Iā€™m no longer emotionally involved in once great apps.

There is no law forcing you to upgrade or forcing DxO to keep @uncoy constantly happy. And Iā€™m thinking that you as software developer also benefit from lack of laws when it comes to flaws, bugs, lousy ergonomics, lack of connectivity. Apparently itā€™s software, therefore from a different planet, therefore not liable for all the junk that gets thrown out there.

Each car company, food company faces a lawsuit when they dare to sell unsafe products. Software devs just label the byte junk differently and go onā€¦

bbb

2 Likes

Yes itā€™s been a few days that we can find this image and other information if we know where to look :grinning:

Tom,

Where did you find that Photolab 5 image?

Mark

:roll_eyes: Forgot that youā€™re the only intelligent being around here. Who doesnā€™t clutter the forum with all his moaning about how bad Apple treats himā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

Do a search in your internet browser with ā€œPhotolab 5ā€

Hmmā€¦ looks like thereā€™s an update coming to spot correction? Or maybe a blue-portrait filter? Or maybe you can brush on colors? If itā€™s ā€˜lip detectionā€™ I hope the final version does a better job than we see here! :sunglasses:

So do we think itā€™s just news about PL5 today or an actual release of PL5 ?

I think there is never info before an release of PL.
So if something happens today it will be the release of PL5

I think they will release it within minutes or hours, look on the startpage of DXO:

Usually, the outputs are made at 15:00 ( 3.00pm CEST )

As they hinted on facebook about news regarding Fuji RAF support, I have everything crossed for this

This one I saw also on sunday or monday, and also the webinar site was down

Being a developer myself Iā€™d agree to Joanna and do not understand why to blame DXO instead of Apple potentially making all this yearly mess. If a new operating system is introducing architectural changes which forces other software companies into severe investments, then thereā€™s something wrong. @uncoy: Even I tried almost all available development tools from Photoshop, CaptureOne, Capture NX-D, even DPP and and some free tools either and all drove me nuts as Iā€™m a skilled photographer with 4+ decades experience but non pro so am not using these tools daily. Handling and UI is important to me as well as good results. And the DXO guys very well know what photographers need. Alex, you know all this, you will not shift, never. Iā€™m sure. If your rant here is meant to be motivation to DXO please allow me to suggest you to change your apporach :wink:

3 Likes

Dxo sponsors Avatar The Return!
This is shot in the makeup studio.
:wink:

lets see how many points you and others get guessing the new features and highlights of V5.
granted after release ofcoarseā€¦ :sweat_smile: