All dop files not removed when deleting in program

Hello guys,

As we are investigating this problem and still unsuccessful in reproducing the issue :sob: , we need your help.
1 - Does anyone else experience the same problem as @John7 ?
2 - If yes, could you, please, describe in details your workflow and provide us with the logs? (and leave us the message with the name of the folders where the files were not properly deleted)

Thank you for your help,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello Svetlana,
I think I have been the first to report this issue already in Optics Pro … some 4 years ago (at least), you may find one of my bug report in the archives :-).
I have still experienced the problem last month with PhotoLab 2.2.1.

The problem is that this is not really reproducible (or at least I didn’t found the way to do it). What I am quite sure, is that this occurs after a while when you have made quite some consecutive image changes in the same folder.

Its very difficult to see why it happens some times but usually not occurring. I went over my old folders (and my wife’s) and both of us had some in odd folders going back as long as we have been using the programs. This year in many folders I have had it 3-4 times only and one folder had a lot of left behind dop’s but I could think of no reason why. Given we both (and others) find them its odd support havn’t found it on checking there folders even if not as a result of testing for it.

1 Like

Hello guys,

Thank you for the feedback.

And this is the main problem for us as well. We did hundreds scenario and with no success :frowning: . So, we put the issue on hold and will be waiting the help from you. Please, as soon as you face it, stop your work and collect the logs or even better the dump and provide us with them.

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

Had it again, gave up over an hr trying to sending logs to support on the open ticket. It kept crashing or saying timed out!
After wasting time again have sent them via Firefox send and sent the one day link to support on the open ticket Request #155132.
Flow was edit, export to ssd, review and delete unwanted images. 5 removed and 2 dop’s left behind.

Thank you, got your logs.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Have been asked by support to send them again on another DXO file system. I have done this, its a pity support can’t have just one way of uploading files that WORK’S rather than having one that doesn’t and one that does, I hope.
The 2nd upload program uses flash which is either not on or blocked on all my browsers but IE. It sort of ran in Firefox (after I gave permittion) but I think Firefox blocked it from sending…

Following this bug report, I am checking for possible dop file not removed at least twice a week ; I have just found a problem again right now on 1 dop file using the 2.2.2 commercial release:

1. The dop file is dated on 2019-04-12 (there are 7 other dop files with the same date). I remember I deleted the corresponding nef file yesterday morning i.e. on 2019-04-14.
  2. The strange thing is that I deleted at least 3 or 4 other nef files yesterday in the same directory without problem (?!) This directory contains 69 nef files and 62 dop files.
  3. The only unusual operation I can recall that I did yesterday, was to change one of my nef file preset.

Hello @PhilippeC,

Could you, please, provide us with yesterday’s log and the name of the .dop which was not removed.

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello Svetlana,
Here are the requested files. I uploaded all log files from the 12th to the 15th.
Amaizingly, I see in the log files that there is LOTS of errors related to the “DxOCorrectionEngine” and the “DxOFramework” (?!)
/Philippe.

_D810489.NEF.dop (6.9 KB)DxO.PhotoLab.0.txt (267.8 KB)
DxO.PhotoLab.1.txt (1.9 MB)
DxO.PhotoLab.2.txt (641.9 KB)
DxO.PhotoLab.3.txt (422.4 KB)

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the assistance and files.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Good morning!

I’ve brought good news - the issue is fixed and the fix will be delivered in the next public release :slight_smile:
Regards,
Svetlana G.

5 Likes

Great work investigating this, Svetlana and ensuring a solution gets pushed out promptly. The pace of improvements recently is appreciated.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Thanks for fix
I am a bit confused, support say “This has now been fixed in the current version of the program”. I take it they actually mean a future version?

1 Like