Affinity Photo plug-ins don't work in 5.0.1

Installed new version 5.0.1 and now none of the plug-ins for Affinity Photo will launch. Configuration is still the same but in Affinity Photo when I go to Menu > Filters > plug-ins > Nik Collection I still see the Nik plug-ins listed but none of them will launch when I click on a plug-in to launch it. Nothing happens at all.

The Nik Collection standalone executable files for 5.0.1 work ok, it’s just the plug-ins for Affinity Photo that fail to do anything now.

So I uninstalled 5.0.1 and reinstalled 5.0.0 and all is fine again.

I had the same problem, but it seems the issue was with upgrade going wrong. Just like you did, I uninstalled 5.0.1 and then installed 5.0.1 again (not 5.0.0) - and plug-ins in Affinity started working!

Thank you for that. I just now tried what you did, uninstalled 5.0.0 and reinstalled 5.0.1 but I still have the same problem. 5.0.1 plug-ins simply won’t start.

So I uninstalled 5.0.1 again and reinstalled 5.0.0 which is at least useable.

Color Efex Pro is the plug-in I use the most by far and that’s the only one I’ve verified the problem with.

I tried again to uninstall/reinstall 5.0.1 and everything works. I don’t know how you specify plugins directory for Affinity, here is how I do it:

1. As I don’t use PhotoShop anymore, I created a special directory for plugins,

C:\ExtraSoftware\PhotoPlugins

This directory is specified in Affinity Preferences too

1. When I install Nik, I specify extra directory using ‘+’ and point to this directory.

2. After Nik installation, this directory is populated, for example ColorEfex goes to

C:\ExtraSoftware\PhotoPlugins\DxO\Color Efex Pro 5

This directory contains two files,

Directory: C:\ExtraSoftware\PhotoPlugins\DxO\Color Efex Pro 5

Mode LastWriteTime Length Name

-a---- 2022-06-22 5:27 PM 2135 Color Efex Pro 5.config
-a---- 2022-06-30 2:28 PM 1331 NikCollection.8bf.lnk

The second file is a link and it points to

C:\Program Files\DxO\Nik Collection\bin\plugins\NikCollection.8bf

I still think that something goes wrong with your installation of 5.0.1, I suggest to look at the contents of directories where you install to verify that files are there.

Regards,
Alex

Thanks for that Alex, tomorrow I’ll try this and see what happens.

Alex I just wanted to let you know that when I installed 5.0.1 the way you did, my problem disappeared!

I can now use the newest version 5.0.1, thanks for your help!