Adobe RAW camera baseline corrections vs DxO DNG issues and correction

Adobe Camera RAW applies adjustments to default settings per camera to counter the amount of highlight protection built in by the manufacturer.
I have a camera that has 0.66 stops of highlight protection, I know about it so I expose to the right to push the shadows up. Import the file in DxO photolab all looks good
However the same RAW in lightroom looks overexposed. If I work the file in DxO and then create a DNG there are cases where the resulting file is clipped by lightroom I presume because DxO does not manage the camera tweaks for highlight protection and adobe products instead do
Can we clarify if Photolab does any adjustment to exposure that is camera specific?
If not I can create a profile in lightroom to then eliminate what adobe does and correct the DNG so they look the same. This is not happening in all cases but it is obvious that the two software histograms do not agree.
If I work through TIFF and photoshops obviously I have no issues but in some cases I have to go to lightroom to work with brushes or graduated filter that in Photolab are still lagging

The DNG created by DXO is a linear DNG, so effectively a Tif file in a DNG wrapper. This is the same as LR when you produce a pano/HDR.

The major difference between a Tif and Linear DNG is that the white point is not set in the Linear DNG and so a raw converter will apply it’s own default white balance.

Thank you
This is not addressing the question
Lightroom and adobe acr apply adjustments to the image through exposure compensation black level contrast and tone curves.
When you import the linear dng applied you can see lightroom is not just adjusting white balance
So my question was does dxo take the bit values as they are or loke lightroom does some form of ‘optimisation’?

Raw data is simply numbers representing the amount of light passing through the red, green or blue filters above the relevant sensor cell. All raw convertors have to “interpret” this data and produce a “default” RGB image. The user can also set their own “default” view. So all main stream commercial raw converters “optimise” a raw file. Here is C1 showing 2 options for the curve in Base Characteristics:

Auto Curve (Default):

Linear Curve (User Default)::

The “Auto” curve gives you a good starting point for most well exposed shots whilst the “Linear” option gives you a starting point for any “difficult” shots where for example their are significant blown highlights.

Thanks IanS
I am ok with the RAW converter doing their optimisation
My question is: does Photolab optimise by camera model or this is a default identical for all cameras?

As all cameras are unique logic would suggest that it has to be a unique default for each camera. Even when the same sensor is used a camera maker will likely be using newer/different components in the camera circuitry and tweaking raw data process algorithms. Certainly in a video interview on Luminous Landscape the engineer from C1 said that each camera/ISO was unique. I don’t see DXO being different.

PL optimises by each unique combination of {Body+Lens} - - You will see, as it encounters each new instance of such a combination, that it prompts you for approval to download an Optics Module specific to that combination … and it cannot apply various auto-corrections until the appropriate OM is available.

For example, here are the OMs I have downloaded:

John M

This is unrelated to what I asked
Am talking about exposures and curves not
Optical or geometry corrections