Add native Nik support for Capture One Pro

I would love to see native support for the Nik Collection within Capture One Pro. I left LR (and Adobe’s subscription model) behind but would love to be able to carry the Nik Collection forward with me…

I already use the Nik collection with Capture One Pro - as a plugin. Click File/Edit with… and choose which of the Nik tools you want to use

That’s interesting and good to know - I don’t have that option. I have Capture One V11 and the DXO version of the Nik Collection installed. How did you make the Nik Collection appear as an option when you choose File > Edit with…right now I just have Photoshop listed.

Edit/file/ (the option it offers you is clickable - and you can then choose) choose …

It’s worth experimenting with any software you use regularly - I used to be able to open Olympus viewer although I haven’t done it for ages.

Good luck.

I got it to work - seems to work pretty well as long as you use the tif format. Thank you for sharing that - I’m excited to be able to use that now in CO 11.

@MaggieSt is there anyway to get all of the Nik tools listed in the drop down in Capture One or do you have to browse to the .exe file of the module you want every time? In other words, I can browse to the .exe file I want and use it but it does not stay “added” to the drop down.

I would be nice if there were a way to add that.

Paul mine are all there, in the drop down list. I don’t know why that should be different for me - maybe it has something to do with your set-up - but I can’t imagine what. I am not an expert but I get whichever application I last used pre-selected in the drop down list and to change I just click and select.

Any support for Dxo Nik with Capture One Pro 12?

Just works as before either “edit with” or “open with” the file you want to edit.

Check the C1Pro preferences - plugin tab. If the plugins are not ticked tick the relevant box to make them appear in the “edit/open with” menu. If they are not listed then you need to add them to the plugin list using the OS. Select a file in Windows explorer and right click and “open with” the relevant plugin. This will add the program to the Preferences plugin tab.

Ian

Paul, did you ever find a solution to this, I seem to have the same problem where I can Edit With and then brows to the Nik plugins, they are not added to the drop down. They are also not available for selection under the plug in settings under preferences.

Hi Mark
In Mac every program is automatically listed in the Preferences plugin list and you just uncheck the ones you don’t want to see when you right click in C1. With Windows you have to manually add most programs.

Check the C1Pro preferences - plugin tab. If the plugins are not ticked tick the relevant box to make them appear in the “edit/open with” menu. If they are not listed then you need to add them to the plugin list using the OS. Select a file in Windows explorer and right click and “open with” the relevant plugin. This will add the program to the Preferences plugin tab.

Ian

Hello, unfortunately not all are automatically listed for me, I only have Affinity Photo and Affinity designer listed, Nik and Dxo aren’t in the list. This appears to be a problem with Capture One and I am trying to figure it out with them.