Add missing Plugin extras Transfer to DxO Photolab plugin to LR 5

I would like to try the Lightroom 5 Transfer to DxO photolab 4 function but it is not in my version of Lightroom 5. Is there a way to download and install it to LR5?
Thanks,
Jim L

1 Like

Lr5 and Lr6 are not supported anymore, not sure why DxO would keep or adding a plugin for an old software. They donā€™t even keep Mac High Sierra support which is 4yrs old.

2 Likes

Many users left Adobe because of the subscription-based model and use their ā€˜oldā€™ software
(still on LR 5).

1 Like

Canā€™t speak for LR5 but in LR6 you can in ā€œPreferencesā€ add an External Editor to the right click context menu.

It may not be as elegant as a plugin (?) but it does give the function you seek :slight_smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s a plugin. A plugin works on the image direct in memory. This one is more a two step opening of an external editor. Step 1: save the image to disk, step 2: call the external editor with the saved image as parameter.
I donā€™t think you miss something.

George

Not even sure last update of Lr6 was up to 64x, but chances are, your Lr5 isnā€™t and is just too old to keep software developers spending money on it. 32x arenā€™t supported anymore by Apple and Microsoft.

LR 5 is 64bit ā€“ and Iā€™m happy 32bit is still supported. :slight_smile:

The real reason I wanted to try this is because when I am editing photos in my apps, I end up loosing SSD space (C :slight_smile: and since it is not a large drive, I worry that I will run out of storage (I should have mentioned that in my original post). How I handle that now is to constantly optimize, delete temp files on C drive, etc. This also happens when I use Exposure x4 but I found out that if I call Exposure 4 from Lightroom, I donā€™t tend to lose SSD space so I thought maybe it would work in PL4. But in doing ā€œedit asā€ in LR I loose the ability to apply some PL4 functions like Deep Prime since it comes over as a tiff file (PL4 is my main raw editor and I want to keep it that way). Anybody have any suggestions how I can adjust PL4 or disk space in order to improve this problem? Replacing my SSD with a larger size is a possibility, but I am not ready for that move yet. Currently the SSD is a 115GB and free space is sitting at 2-5GB. A lot of my apps are installed on drive D, but PL4 is not. Is it possible to move apps from C to D? I have a feeling that would not be a good idea.

Thanks,
Jim L

You might move the database and cache to the D-drive.
Edit->Preferences->General for the database.
Edit->Preferences->Performance for the cache.
I donā€™t know what happens with the old data.

George