Add a Mask Removal Brush for the U Points in Local Adjustments

Add a Mask Removal Brush tool that can be used to remove the effects of a Local Adjustment U point. Adding - u points does not work well as it difficult to not remove the adjustments in certain areas without effecting the U point adjustment you used in the first place. Nikon Capture NX2 has this tool as a +/- tool that is used after you have used a U point to make an adjustment. It allows precise removal of the U point effect on areas of the image were you do not want it and it is faster then using multiple - U points!

2 Likes

As a faithful user of Nikon Capture NX2 for several years, I also keep begging and pleading with DxO programmers to look to it for an effective implementation of the Nik stuff…so far with effect.

In order to use local adjustment, you MUST have an effective mask making system

1 Like

Thanks Chris for the reply. Make sure you vote for the feature. Unfortunately I don’t think that many people have used Nikon Capture NX2 so they do not know how powerful it is. I sent in a lot of suggestions to Nikon when they were develping Capture NX2. I still use it by converting images to .tif. I use a Gigapan to do landscape photography and Capture and open and still correct these large images! Sure it slows down some but I’m talking 1 Gigapixel images.

Hello guys,

Thank you for the suggestion, but if you want people vote for your suggestion you should put it here - https://forum.dxo.com/c/dxo-photolab/feature-requests allowing them to vote.

Regards,
Svetlana G.