About Updates\Upgrades, Pricing and the Development Roadmap

btw… I followed your link, but the pricing no longer seems to be the mentioned $50, it’s actually $69. When it comes to building trust, it’s an awkward first step.

Hello Dan,

• Yes the upgrade will be half price for all the users who bought the paid version no matter if he/she bought it by special price or full.
  • Dan, the ‘special price’ was “49” for almost a month and everybody who bought it during this month can confirm it was 49. Starting from this week it gets to the full one which is 69. Actually DxO suggests “Sale” price to its products rather often (mostly on some holidays occasions) and everybody who has registered receives the notifications about the sales prices via email.

So it’s up to you to use the free version and wait for a new sale or buy a full price and receive updates from now on.

P.S. And I do understand your worries about the future of the product as your hopes had already been deceived by a previous company. I can tell you that we are already working on developing of a new Nik version and collecting requests from the users at the same time to ensure we are on the right way.
I guess for you the best way is to wait for an official announcement that we are no more in the “bankruptcy” procedure and then buy a product.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

Isn’t this amazing: Response to a user’s question from a DxO employee/representative that’s direct and frank … I doubt we’d see that from, say, Adobe !

Great work, Svetlana

2 Likes