Ability to stack presets

A nice feature would be the ability to stack presets. I have custom presets that I have made, My own Portrait, landscape, vivid… etc. but I have different levels of CA correction and Sharpening depending on which lens I used. I would like to be able to stack a lens preset on top of my look preset, so I don’t have to have duplicates of each preset for each lens combination. I don’t know if this makes sense the way I worded it.

thanks,
Matt

If you have a PhotoLab Elite Edition license, you can create partial presets. Partial presets cover exactly the tools you select and leave all other tools alone.

Read the manual in order to find out how to create a partial preset. You can access the manual through a help menu item of PhotoLab.

2 Likes

Welcome Matt

I wrote tutorials. This page contains a detailed description partial presets.
Pascal

1 Like

Thank you so much. I will read through your tutorials. I was unaware that there was an ability to make a partial preset. All of the presets I have made have been complete presets. Thank you very much, this is exactly what I was wanting.
-Matt

1 Like

I don’t know if you realise but DxO provide the “2 - DxO Optical Corrections only” preset, which is an excellent one to use as the default for all RAW files. Using it as such means that every file you open automatically has the DxO lens module corrections applied, including Vignetting, Lens Sharpness, Chromatic Aberration and Distortion - all calculated and optimised for any lens for which they provide a module.

If you are on a Mac and plan on making your own partial presets, there is one thing I need to point out.

There is a bug in the preset editor that, if you deselect the Tone curve, it is impossible to re-add it and the numbers for the maximum change from 255 to 6502.

This is not a problem as long as you don’t use such an edited partial preset as a default full preset. Otherwise, you end up being unable to edit the Tone curve for any image opened with such a preset.

To underline this - it only affects Mac users and only if you try to use a partial preset without a tone curve as a default preset.

DxO are aware and are already working on a fix.

2 Likes

Good morning @Matt_f2.8 and welcome to the Forum,

Thank you guys for helping the new user :+1:

As the request is resolved, let me close it.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

1 Like