6.3.1 what's the new feature "It’s now possible to see the whole image without constraint when using the crop tool"

In the changelog there is a new feature called “It’s now possible to see the whole image without constraint when using the crop tool”.
What is it and how can I use it?

Hi
I briefly describe the workflow here.
Last part of article.
Pascal

2 Likes

… some ‘examples’
Major glitch in DxO PL 6.3.0 - #6 by Wolfgang
Optical corrections 6.3 - #3 by Wolfgang

1 Like

The photo must be taken with a wide(or better, a fisheye) lens in order for you to see much difference. Here is an example shot with a fisheye:

1.) Without Constrain to image.

2.) with shadow warning activated to better see the extra space included.

3.) With Constrain to image activated.

1 Like

Thank you. I think with my RF 24-105/4 the clicking of “constrain to window” works: small black corners appear, but with the RF 15-30mm nothing happens, maybe the profile is too aggresive?

Zoom lenses have a sweet spot focal length that exhibits no distortion. If there is no distortion, distortion correction has nothing to correct and therefore, there will be no black areas.

Example:

There is no distortion, if the example lens is set to a focal length of about 30mm…

2 Likes

Thanks, but it’s exactly the opposite: the 24-105 shows it, but the 15-30 not.

Here the top right corner of the RF 24-105/4 at 105mm:
DxO_24~105_4
here the top right corner of the RF 15-30/4.5-6,3 at 15mm:
DxO_15~30
you see: no black corner.

The distortionless FL is different in every lens model. As you can see in the diagram I attached, distortion exists at a FL of 105mm. I did not check your other lens though and you might have just used it with the FL that causes an undistorted image. :man_shrugging:

I think distortionwise it’s my worst one. If I deactivate the correction you see it:

But why has the checkbox no function if the lens-profile is on?

The box is unchecked…and the third screenshot shows something that looks like vignetting/falloff rather than distortion: Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8 USM L IS - Review / Test Report - Analysis