5.1.50 installation failed

It tried to update to the latest version, and every time I get the following error message:

This happens after I click the “install and relaunch” button.

Just updated to 5.1.1 build 50 without any problems.

@Jibz ,

do you have enough Disk space for extracting the archive?

Oh yes, more than 250 Go… Seems like there is something corrupted somewhere.

Updated fine here.

same here…

Mine also failed and I have opened a support request.

I noticed something odd. It downloads ~193 MB and then downloads ~638 MB, and that one does a little ‘back step’ on the progress bar early on. Don’t know if it is relevant, but noticed it on both attempts to update.

It’s possibly also worth noting I also have FilmPack and ViewPoint installed (latest versions) which may explain the multi-download and may affect the outcome.

Same behaviour here!

Updated fine here with FP6 installed (not VP though) and only noticed it do the 193mb download/update.

Is it possible to download the latest installer from your account and run that instead of the update?
Would that ‘update’ whilst leaving your database etc intact and settings as you have them?
Could be worth a try (if it would work like that, that is).

+1 also failed for me
Catalina 10.15.7
MacBook Pro (13 pouces, mi-2012)
2,5 GHz Intel Core i5 double cœur

Yes, this worked for me with no problem.

This is looking like it could be a Catalina problem?

Hello. I was just made aware of the issue, am now collecting feedbacks on this here.

Update: not any more, issue was hopefully fixed and a new version is coming in the next days, thanks for your help

I don’t think it’s a Catalina problem, I’m running the latest version of MacOS.

Aucun souci avec la dernière version (monterey) sur un MBP M1.

Command result :

The default interactive shell is now zsh.
To update your account to use zsh, please run chsh -s /bin/zsh.
For more details, please visit Use zsh as the default shell on your Mac - Apple Support.

I’ll update the post here too. To sum it up: someone from here noticed a bizarre log in Console.app and we could put our hands on the issue. A new version will be released early next week with hopefully fixed auto-update for everyone.

If you’re still affected you can download 5.1.1 directly at https://download-center.dxo.com/PhotoLab/v5/Mac/DxO_PhotoLab5.dmg

thanks for your help

Update successful, thank you.