5.0.1_4658 Problems interacting with Viewpoint lines and Spot Weighted box

The recent update has introduced the following:

1. Viewpoint perspective tool lines can no longer be moved by grabbing the line between nodes. Only the nodes can be moved.
  2. The Spot Weighted box can no longer be resized by grabbing any of its sides. Only the corners are responsive.

Thanks,
David

6 Likes

I just tested both features and you are absolutely correct. Both appear to be bugs. Good pickup.

Mark.

Thank you for the confirmation, Mark.

1 Like

Hopefully DxO is already aware of these bugs and will repair them in a future point release. They are both annoying bugs but at least they don’t prevent us from using these features. .

Mark

There do apear to be a lot of bugs in 5. I have found I am unable to export jpgs worked on in earlier versions of PL if they have keywords. This has no workround!

I’ve found the same bugs and opened a support ticket.

@David_McA
Yes, checked both = bugs!

How on earth did they get through BETA?

very simple – things that work(ed) you don’t expect to have changed

I have had more bugs with 5 than most versions of PL. It’s nearly been as bad as the old Coral Draw maybe for the same reason marketing overriding programming.

1 Like

It is impossible to retest every existing feature in PhotoLab during beta testing. It is also unclear when these bugs were introduced…It could have been towards the end of the testing period or even after after beta testing was completed, which and might account for why no one noticed it.

My experience differs from yours. I haven’t noticed any serious bugs that affect my ability to use PhotoLab.5 .

Mark

2 Likes

same with the “normal” horizon-tool. As I read your post, I didn’t believed it;-)

This is something new in 5.0.1. I know for a fact that, at least, the Smart Lighting Spot- Weighted box handles worked correctly in 5.0.0 on WinOS. I don’t know about VP or Horizon because I don’t remember trying them.

1 Like

I can assure you Mark, that as a long term user (since DxO Optics Pro 8) who has constantly used perpective features, I can confidently state that this is a fault introduced with the 5.0.1_4658 release.

David

2 Likes

Good morning guys,

Thank you for the report. The bug will be fixed asap.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

3 Likes

… and then immediately install the magnifying glass function as in VP3? :grinning:

:sweat_smile: this one I can’t promise.

Hello!

The issue has been fixed and will be delivered with the next release approximately next week.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

5 Likes

I was candidate for beta testing and was selected but … no news.

You may have responded to the initial post regarding the early access program, but it is likely you did not follow up on the explicit instructions for inclusion correctly.

Mark