2 bugs in installer

Hi,

1. I’m running an English version of Windows 10 but I’m using french regional settings and a french keyboard. The Nik Collection installer wrongly defaulted to C:\Programmes, not C:\Program Files. Inattentive users could be trapped.

2. The existing Google version has been uninstalled but the existing plugins in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-ins\CC\Google have been left over. Again, inattentive users could find themselves loading both versions of the plugins.

Hello @Pat91,

Thank you for the feedback.
About #1 , I’ll check the issue.
About #2, yes we know about the issue that the plugins are not removed from the old path folder. That’s why we recommend the users to uninstall the old version first and then to install the new one.

Nope, this one is not possible, the plugins will be loaded from the new path folder.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Ahem, where ? I didn’t see any such recommendation when I launched the installer.

Should be in the Release notes. I’ll check and ask to update if they are missed.
@bsayakhom can you, please have a look?

Thank you

Regards,
Svetlana G.

@Pat91

About issue #1, could you, please provide me with your installation logs? You can find them here - c:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\DxO\Nik Collection Installer Logs\ as I can’t reproduce the issue on my Win10 with French regional settings and a default FR for the keyboard.

Thank you
Regards,
Svetlana G.

They are here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/sb7ke7m0qeecea4/Logs.zip?dl=0

The problem appears in lines 507, 510 and 606 of NikCollection_201806-62_2018-06-10-15-23-53.log.

Thank you. Got them.

Regards,
Svetlana G.