2.3.1_24028 - Is It Working For You?

i7 4790K 4th Gen (Devil’s Canyon)

Z97X-UD5H (F8) \RM850w, 4790K, 16GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra, 850 Pro’s RAID0, 1TB WD, W10 1903

1 Like

Okay, thank you.

Please, try the procedure I asked you via a personal message.

Thank you.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

Hello,

I wouldn’t be so critical :unamused: - it’s rather the exception for us to fail the release (do you remember when it was before?) Moreover we are releasing the hotfix asap.

The good lesson is to store the previous installer somewhere :wink:

Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience we will deliver the fix today.

Regards,
Svetlana G.

FWIW, the v2.3.1 update installed OK on my WIn 10 Pro x64 desktop PC with no apparent issues.

Regards, Peter

1 Like

V2.3.1 update working fine also, Win10 vers1903

Hello!
We just released an official hotfix for DPL2.3.1.
Please down load this installer, the issue should be fixed
!! Link edited by moderator !!

Regards,
Svetlana G.

2 Likes

The revised installer worked fine on my Win 10 1903 desktop PC.

Regards, Peter

A good lesson learned from this would be to number EACH installer with it’s version number rather than the generic PhotoLab2_setup.exe which you do for every single version.

i.e properly name each download according to release number. - PL2_Setup_ver_2.3.1_24028 for example.

4 Likes

Fixed version 2.3.1 seems to work…

1 Like

I agree and would like this also. I currently use the check for update, and note the version number, then cancel the upgrade and visit the support portal, create a folder on my machine and name with the installers build number, then download.

There are other methods (like grabbing it from the temp folder) but as long as I get it archived is all that matters to me.

Would also like to point out (and agree) with what Svetlana said. This is a very uncommon occurrence for DxO. It has never happened to me previously. (User since 1.1) Minor speed bump, Nothing to be upset about. They addressed the issue quickly.

I’ll be upgrading mine today.

3 Likes

I had problem with recent install which I did not experience before. It did not install on any of my systems which had the TMP/TEMP on ram disk!

The installer fails in this case. When I move the TMP entries back to the C: drive it installs.

That’s bad because i need two reboots to install it!

Franz,
Not sure I follow. You have a problem with installation because you choose to run your system in a non-standard configuration and you’re surprised when you have issues installing software? The “problem” and solution appears to be obvious.

2 Likes

What is a non-standard installation? I only have the TMP folders on another drive, I had this for years and had no problem, even with DxO in the past, but now the DxO installer is the ONLY one which stops and says it cannot find setup!

So I give feedback to DxO that there is a new problem introduced.
And I also knew how to overcome it for me but un future, if I would be DxO , I would look into it.

Windows created environment variables TMP and TEMP pointing at temporary directories optionally of the user’s choice is the standard configuration. It would be a bug to assume a directory for temporaries is anywhere else.

2 Likes

Isn’t that what I said? The temp folder lives by default on C:, unless you move it.

The point of having the temp directory set by an environment variable is for it to be varied - the clue is in the name.

1 Like

Hello guys,

We’ll have a look at this problem.

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Official Microsoft documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/fileapi/nf-fileapi-gettemppatha

I agree. As it is, for Windows users, multiple downloads of files of the same name are enumerated (digit added to the filename) so you’re not overwriting the current one with the new, and a user should be able to locate the previous version just by picking a photolab installer with a lower (or no) number, but a version number would make this somewhat easier.
That said, I’d expect the version information to be available in Windows (right click an EXE file, select ‘Properties’ from the drop-down, then the tab labeled ‘Details’). I can’t chect this with a PL installer right now as I’m on a work PC, and so don’t have any available to test

Unfortunately, the specific file version is not revealed by this method. The “Properties” dialog below is for PhotoLab 2.3.

Regards, Joseph