2.2 out and a let down again

Thank you :slight_smile:

Great - on the thread which is about open communication, we have people begging DxO to shut down the thread. Human nature never ceases to amaze.

If it doesnā€™t interest you, Marc, donā€™t read it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry that you were ill and glad that youā€™re feeling better and have returned. Given the circumstances over the last few weeks, itā€™s easy to assume that there were new issues preventing you and your teammates from implementing enhancements in a timely manner.Your absence increased those concerns. The only reason for any controversy here is that many of us genuinely love using PhotoLab and would miss it if it was unable to compete in the marketplace.

Mark.

4 Likes

No matter what the context and circumstances, personal attacks against vendorā€™s staff are never OK. Period.

This said, if DxO cannot afford to have another employee covering support tasks in the absence of the person usually doing this job, then I have to say thatā€™s running the operation pretty much on a shoe-string.

The problem is that I have to read first to know if it is interesting to me or not.
Then I used my free speech right to tell the staff that I am okay if they close that topic where a few have no limits in what they dare writing. Period.

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing their design/development/testing team covering both platforms is quite small. Perhaps no more then 4 or 5 people. Given the necessary cost cutting while they recover from bankruptcy, I would say they are operating very much on a shoestring. If they persevere, as we all hope they will, some of the more significant updates may remain in the backlog for a considerable time before they have the resources to address them. In the meantime we may have to be more charitable in our comments, myself included, and just accept whatever they are able to give us. Some of us will be content to do that, Others will not.

Mark