2.2.1 jpeg export change

Results are now in relative terms coarse and contrasty.
With the same settings in earlier versions I was getting a slight but useful sharpening.
These new results are unusable with NEF files.
What change has been made?

From which Nikon are the NEFs?

(Svetlana G.) #3

Hello @Ziggy99,

• Nothing was changed on the exporting side but there were some changes on the imageData side concerning some bodies. So, could you, please, clarify which body you are talking about and it would be very useful if you provide us with some NEF samples. Could you, please, upload it to upload.dxo.com under your name instead of “support ticket number” and let me know when ready?

Thank you,
Regards,
Svetlana G.

Will do. Thanks.
2.2.0 is still on my laptop so I ran an export there and it has the problem too.
The body is Nikon D500, lens is Nikkor 200-500 f5.6.

So that’s done. I’ve included a JPEG export of one of the NEFs so you can see my concern.

Yes, I noticed a change in the default corrections a while ago. Compared with the RAW file’s preview the results in PL became darker and perhaps more contrasty.

Thanks again.

(John Barrett) #6

This is why other programs protect existing adjustments when changes to there processes are made. The changes can effect existing edits if this protection isn’t there.

(Svetlana G.) #7

Hello @Ziggy99,

Thank you for the images. I have reported about the problem to the proper team and they will investigate the behavior.

Regards,
Svetlana G.